Woo Hoo - NGD

BALIstic

Hey,

I already kinda posted this in another thread where I missed the delivery guy.....

I finally got it home last night, my first PRS, a Paul's Guitar. It looks stunning, it plays beautifully and feels absolutely first class in hand. If I had a complaint it would be that to my ears there is ALMOST no perceivable difference between hum bucking and the single coil sound. To be fair I have only played it at bedroom levels through my little Blackstar ID Core 40 stereo combo. I didn't buy it to have a guitar that sounds like a Strat or Tele though, I'm well covered in that dept so it's a non issue and the switches look COOL !

The jade green is beautiful in bright light but was kinda fugly sitting on a stand in my room last night. The FB has a beautiful grain that I couldn't focus on with the strings on. I will photograph it when I change strings.

Even now that it's in hand I still find the body shape visually odd ? The top horn looks like ET pointing his finger to home or a sideways jelly fish or something ? Hopefully I'll learn to love it.

I don't see more PRS's in my future but I know to never say never when it comes to guitars.

This is the first guitar I've named, "Warbird" cause it's cammo green and well the whole PRS bird thing.

Stable mates at the moment are
Fender CS 65 / 69 Strats
Fender 79 Stratocaster
Monster Relic 50's Stratocaster with FCS 69's
Fender USA Telebration Cabronita / Fender Jim Root Tele
Yamaha SA503TVL
Ibanez RG721FM
Parker P44Pro

running into Bad Cat Cub II 1Reverb or more usually a Blackstar ID Core 40

Heading to a Doc's appt now and will figure out how to post pics then unless someone else wants to upload the images I put on Strat Talk - Other guitar discussion ?

Talk soon

Last edited:
If I had a complaint it would be that to my ears there is ALMOST no perceivable difference between hum bucking and the single coil sound.

I assume these are 408 pickups then (you haven't written which model this is). I am quite sure you will hear the difference playing some more, at least at non high-gain settings.

Last edited:
image.jpg3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I take back my earlier comment about the coil split. There is a difference, I don't know if it sounds like a true single coil but it's very sweet and usable.

I hope no one took offence.

Last edited:
Thanks Guy's,

Ive just been noodling around tonight, it really is subLIME. I recently sold a high end Gibson LP that I so wanted to love (for 5 years). I loved the way it looked but not much else ? Oh it had a great piezo system. If I get another PRS it will have a piezo, I hate acoustics but love that sound.
I have a bad back and nearly always play sitting and the LP didn't work for me sitting. The PRS is really comfortable to play sitting down and so much lighter.

I can definitely say that I already prefer the way that this guitar feels and sounds. The more I look at it the more I like the body shape.

Oh well, back to the PRS grind........

Last edited:
Beautiful!

I think the more you play the guitar at a variety of settings, the more you'll love the 408 pickups and the coil splits, especially playing clean parts. You get a crisper attack, and there isn't the humbucker lower midrange bump. It's a subtle, but truly useful, distinction.

408s are great pickups.

Beautiful!

I think the more you play the guitar at a variety of settings, the more you'll love the 408 pickups and the coil splits, especially playing clean parts. You get a crisper attack, and there isn't the humbucker lower midrange bump. It's a subtle, but truly useful, distinction.

408s are great pickups.

Thanks, It really sounds beautiful, even unplugged. I think the 408's have a vintage vibe, how would you describe them ?

Back