With all the S2 594 love...anyone move theirs for another offering???

Russ73

I know a lot of players love the 594s but anyone dump theirs for something like a Vela instead?? Or something else??

Yes. I added A vela semihollow. And grateful I did. It’s still my fav. But I had to add a s2 594 back. I’ve tried many of the PRS offerings. I always find my way back to 594 territory. Doesn’t matter if it’s single cut, double cut, or thinline. They all rule.

Yes. I added A vela semihollow. And grateful I did. It’s still my fav. But I had to add a s2 594 back. I’ve tried many of the PRS offerings. I always find my way back to 594 territory. Doesn’t matter if it’s single cut, double cut, or thinline. They all rule.
Broseph I think im gonna keep my 594 thinline then lol....I have a vela semi satin myself but thinkin of swapping the bridge pup....

My number one is an S2.
My number one is a standard
My number one is a Black Satin , slightly :cool: modded
Her name is Betty, she ran off my 594 Thinline, My ” Paul’s” guitar won’t speak to her..
Vela ran for cover, but surfacing. The Mira and Starla are out in the alley “burning one”
That Special “ F “ Strat type has told me to “F” off
And the ” LP” swears I am now a Dentist or a Lawyer..LOL I LOVE MY S2s

I hope I’m not treading on your thread. I guess I’m just on a roll this morning! Have a wonderful day!

And the ” LP” swears I am now a Dentist or a Lawyer..LOL I LOVE MY S2s
And it’s probably gonna send you a “cease and desist” letter now.

To answer the OP…NO I wouldn’t move it (1) because I love, love, love it! (2) my wife gave it to me so it has sentimental value that far outweighs its face value. (Just like my SE 245)

That being said. If I can ever convince myself to plop down another 500+ bucks on a set of 57/08’s, it will only get better. But you do you man. Whatever makes you happy!

Never owned a 594. Not crazy about the switching location. Plus McCarty switching or 509/CU 24 35th switching (mini toggles) are my particular favorites. I’m sending my ‘07 Dallas show CU22 to the PTC for 57/08’s and mini toggles.

Edit - having pickups and drop in McSwitching installed locally, foregoing the mini toggle. Saves $$

Last edited:
I want to add an S2 Thinline to my group. I have a set of Core Starla’s waiting for it!
Yeah ... I want to add another S2 594 Thinline to my crew ...I love the guitar, and do want another. BUT I have been ensnared by communist, waaay offshored (say Indo / Germany/ Doorstep) crazy cheap but really neat guitars... and they make be a bit gun shy of spending another $1,800 on one (considering the 1st cost $1,549)

BUT if they put say Seymour Duncan P90 Antiquities in one ??? (without another crazy price increase) I'd be a goner ... :)

Back