Was there ever a 594 with a trem?

dilznik

Because I'm having so much fun with my 594 HB II that I want a PRS in the same scale but it needs a trem so I can use it instead of the ones I'm using now.

Does anyone make something in this scale with a trem that isn't a PRS?

Because I'm having so much fun with my 594 HB II that I want a PRS in the same scale but it needs a trem so I can use it instead of the ones I'm using now.

Does anyone make something in this scale with a trem that isn't a PRS?

PRS made a 594 scale guitar with a Trem that was released for the 20th Anniversary of the Private Stock program, in a Private Stock run in late 2015/early 2016, and I have one. The scale length was marketed at the time as 24.6", but it's really the first PRS model produced with a 24.594 scale length, per my dealer.

It has a locking Gen III trem (made for private stock only), Madagascar rosewood fretboard, a slightly thicker slab of mahogany and slightly thinner slab for its maple cap, two Paul's Guitar 408 pickups and a Narrowfield middle pickup, and some nice looking accoutrements.

It came in only two finishes, Northern Lights, and a shade of orange. It's the most beautiful sounding PRS I have, and does an awful lot of things, including 'quack' due to the middle pickup. They didn't make very many, and they're not that easy to find, but they're wonderful.

What about a Santana? I think it’s 24.5-ish” scale with a trem. Others here may chime in with more details regarding PRS short(er) scale with a trem.
I concur with this suggestion: if you can practically tell the difference between 24.5" and 24.6" (24.594 rounded up) then you are a better player than me. Well, that is probably true anyway...

However, if you are looking for all of the features that comprise a 594 model, such as neck profile, pickups, etc, then you are out of luck as far as regular core "production models" are concerned - there are only PSs with that spec and a trem.

Last edited:
PRS made a 594 scale guitar with a Trem that was released for the 20th Anniversary of the Private Stock program, in a Private Stock run in late 2015/early 2016, and I have one. The scale length was marketed at the time as 24.6", but it's really the first PRS model produced with a 24.594 scale length, per my dealer.

It has a locking Gen III trem (made for private stock only), Madagascar rosewood fretboard, a slightly thicker slab of mahogany and slightly thinner slab for its maple cap, two Paul's Guitar 408 pickups and a Narrowfield middle pickup, and some nice looking accoutrements.

It came in only two finishes, Northern Lights, and a shade of orange. It's the most beautiful sounding PRS I have, and does an awful lot of things, including 'quack' due to the middle pickup. They didn't make very many, and they're not that easy to find, but they're wonderful.

Wow!

Would love to hear some sound samples of this!

I had David Grissom’s old McStandard Trem in the house for a minute.

It was okay.
Just ok? Bummer. It's one of those guitars I've never had a chance to play in real life.

Truth be told, should probbaly skip the McTrem idea and get a Santana or Westie to compliment the KL33. There you go again leading the horse to water! Lol

Last edited:
Just ok? Bummer. It's one of those guitars I've never had a chance to play in real life

David moved it on. The guy who bought it from him moved it on. Maybe there were a couple other dudes between them and the guy that let me play it moved it on. The dude who I found to buy it from my guy moved it on. You’re not missing anything IMO.
Truth be told, should probbaly skip the McTrem idea and get a Santana or Westie to compliment the KL33. There you go again leading the horse to water! Lol

Dunno if there’s a guitar better than a KL33. It’s boring to be “done” fer sure, but if you’re feeling your KL… it’s unnecessary to try and find something else.

David moved it on. The guy who bought it from him moved it on. Maybe there were a couple other dudes between them and the guy that let me play it moved it on. The dude who I found to buy it from my guy moved it on. You’re not missing anything IMO.
Helluva hoe.. appreciate looking out for a homie.
Dunno if there’s a guitar better than a KL33. It’s boring to be “done” fer sure, but if you’re feeling your KL… it’s unnecessary to try and find something else.
I think this is the first year I can remember in a long time I haven't bought a guitar. It's been alright too..still look, but I can't count how many times I've almost pulled the trigger just to ask myself why? KL is one of the big reasons for that, especially since I dropped a 5909 in it. Hot damn!

I did pickup an alder CE22 for a member that's been cool enough to let me test drive like a long term rental.

Good lord!

Back