Wiring Diagram

Boris98

Hey,
recently I bought a 59/09 Bass and Treble pickup to upgrade my SE Custom 24. Unfortunately I am not so sure considering the colour code of the wires and how to solder them corectly with the Push-Pull-Tone Control and the 3-way blade switch (not the stock SE one, I already installed the Core one).
Does anyone know how to solder the pickups? There is a black wire, a green, a white and a bare one.

Color codes vary by pickup model. Check with PRS to confirm your 59/09 color codes. If you have three wires and a shield (bare wire), then the conjoining coil wires have been pre-connected inside the pickup. This makes coil-split-wiring easier as you would likely connect both wires to the same points anyway. What is you'd like your pickups to do? That will determine proper connectivity.

Color codes vary by pickup model. Check with PRS to confirm your 59/09 color codes. If you have three wires and a shield (bare wire), then the conjoining coil wires have been pre-connected inside the pickup. This makes coil-split-wiring easier as you would likely connect both wires to the same points anyway. What is you'd like your pickups to do? That will determine proper connectivity.
when the push pull is down the pickups should be in humbucker mode and when pulled in split mode. The 3 way blade functions as "normal"

The second diagram posted by toothace should cover your needs exactly, you just need to make sure you correlate both your 59/09 pickup leads and your switch design to the diagram properly. You could also study this diagram. You can convert this diagram to a single switch simply by routing your second pickup to the other side of the tone pot's DPDT switch.

2H_3B_1VppSPLn_1TppSPLb.jpg

Back