Willcutt Library story?

tcb37

Always wanted one of the DGTs and now have one on the way.
The Sipo back and Maple tops look amazing.
I assume they were built with select woods on the standard (non-PS) line?
Not that that would be a bad thing, just trying to get the full story (which may have been lost with the demise of BAM).
Thanks!

PS- How about a run of the DGT "Standards" with the Sipo similar to the backs of the Willcutt run... please?!!

While I can't accurately place it, library woods are NOT production grade. I believe they are artist grade woods, while Private Stock wood is kept in "The Vault".

If I remember correctly the story behind the wood library is that Paul had been stashing away special wood for his entire career and holding on to it for a "rainy day". Well the economy was doing poorly at a certain time and the people at PRS came up with a great way to bring more business to the company. They opened the Wood Library and began doing very special runs with some of their more successful dealers. This allows people to get pre-spec'd models, with extraordinary woods at production price.

Last edited:
Here is a perfect example of Mine..
Library Wood Top and Back as well as PS color at the time.... Solona Burst DGT 1pc Top!
This guitar is basically a PRIVATE STOCK without the paperwork. I am sure you would agree.

backdrop.jpg

156739-3.jpg

Wow, if that's Artist Grade, I can't imagine what must be in the vault!
Hmmm...anybody remember the Eastwood movie Thunderbolt and Lightfoot?

Back