Why'd the Orianthi model get axed?

SausageofPower

I mean, don't get me wrong, I just got a new one for 50% off as a result so I'm happy on that count...but why'd it get cancelled? Looks like a great guitar, and a unique one given the Korina.

F@cking magical cheap guitar!... if you can get along with a WT neck.
I seriously love my sparkled one as much or more than some of my core models.

PRSh always says - literally always - "if you guys stop buying 'em, we stop making 'em!"

It's funny how I had no idea that it was a Korina body with an Ebony neck until after it was discontinued. Those are awesome features.
I guess I always assumed it was a normal SE model just like any other typical SE model, especially since i know she never plays SE models on stage.

Probably because the Orianthi had the "O" inlay that put off lots of buyers. I'm guessing many would rather have the 12th fret bird on the SE Custom.

Probably because the Orianthi had the "O" inlay that put off lots of buyers. I'm guessing many would rather have the 12th fret bird on the SE Custom.

I personally wouldn't want a guitar with a sparkly finish. I'd rather have a flat black Krylon spray paint finish than *sparkles*.

I personally wouldn't want a guitar with a sparkly finish. I'd rather have a flat black Krylon spray paint finish than *sparkles*.

The newer version actually had a scarlet red finish with a beveled top, which is the one I went for. As for the 'O' inlay, it was less intrusive than the old Zach Myers inlay. ;)

Shame if sales dropped off, it's a fine guitar.

I like the sparkle finish and specs, but I don't like those inlays (same with old US Tremonti, Zack Myers and others). I know it's a sig guitar and sometimes it doesn't please many people. In that case, you don't see Orianthi using it live very much either

Who's Orianthi? Some bikini model? I think you all should post some pics...

Seriously though, I bought her last album. She's a damn good guitar player.

The woman knows how to rock a PRS for sure.

Poor quality on the one above.
Video below is better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Slightly off-topic but I'm guessing the next one to get axed is probably the Mikael Akerfeldt model. That "O" decal reminds me of the old Nick Catanese model that got updated with a (way) more appealing look.

Was a stunning guitar! I saw Orianthi, play with DGT, PRS, the Grainger bros, Bernie Marsdan and i think Davy Knowles (not sure if it was him.) a few years ago in Germany when I was there on business. That girl rocks on guitar!

...maybe because she has played Floyd Custom 24 (prototypes?) for most of the time lately? See first video above or her facebook page as reference...

Hm, that's a peculiar change up. From PRS to Fretlight? I don't think that's too likely, Fretlight is an instructional aide and not an actual guitar company. Looks like she got hooked up with this one because of her Alice gig, they have an "Alice Cooper" model.

Oh well. I got a great guitar for cheap. Now to snag a ZM model. ;)

Oh well. I got a great guitar for cheap. Now to snag a ZM model. ;)

I feel that! I'm just waiting for the three pup model to be $300 and I could have the trifecta of *****!n' ebony fretboard PRS SE's that are too goofy for most people to rock.

Back