Why don't I have 57/08's in all my guitars

it sounded decent with the original pickups. But not as as much clarity and depth. I'd rather have my PRS giving me what I want. I love the feel of it...the weight....the contours....placement of the volume knob. and tremolo.

here are the 57/08s in the LP.... a little cleaner...less effects.
(cries; throws away all guitars)

57/08s are pure rock! In my opinion they are the best for leads and classic rock in general. I think I'll be scoring another set!
Glade you like them too!

if I pull the pickups out of the P22 and they it says 'P22" on them, is there any way to know exactly what they are for sure? I'm just surprised the same pickups would sound as different as these do. Of course there is going to be some difference, but I wouldn't expect to sound different in the ways it does.

everything I'm finding about the 2013 says they are 57/08s. This isnt good. What PRS pickups would give a fuller sound....less midrange and nasal tone?

Last edited:
If yours are 57/08's, maybe you should just take the guitar to a tech and ask them to rewire it. Maybe it just needs new caps or something. The pickups shouldn't sound that much different between guitars if the other electronics are similar. I don't think the piezo affects the sound when engaged, but double check and make sure that it is.

if I pull the pickups out of the P22 and they it says 'P22" on them, is there any way to know exactly what they are for sure?
Just email customer service with either the serial number or the MODCAT. They can tell you what the original pickups installed were, anyway.

Just email customer service with either the serial number or the MODCAT. They can tell you what the original pickups installed were, anyway.
this is true. I went through the same thing. I was also told they ran out of 53/10's before the end of the year, so some p-22's made in late 2012 will have 57/08's in them.

If its a '13 it will have the 57/08.
PRS started putting the 57/08 in place of the 53/10 in sometime in 2012.

Great playing, feel and tone!

I can't believe that was on an epiphone with 57/08s wow

Great playing, feel and tone!

I can't believe that was on an epiphone with 57/08s wow

thanks. Yea...it makes that guitar sound very good. That thing wasn't much money. I love the response of the pickups in it. They have the quality where I don't need to use any pedals. Get the gain right on the amp and it work for everything. Even chords...picking individual strings. Yet its pretty heavy sounding.

in this clip around 1:43....the chords!

lighter_at_concert.jpg

Back