Why don't I have 57/08's in all my guitars

Influenced a little by Floyd were you? I thought it was great! The tone was great too. I have 57/08's in two of mine and I think they are fabulous pups, but I'm not putting them in all my guitars. My Dragon 1's are staying put and the Seth Lovers and 59's in my LP's are just the right tone I hear in my head.

Last edited:
You certainly did make them sing. Great stuff, and I dig the Bowie canvas " I have the same one "
Way to go bro. !!!

thanks. Love that Bowie canvas! That was the fiirst album of his I bought right when it was released. Rode my bike to the store i the rain after school.

Do you prefer 85/15 or 57/08?

The 57/08s by far. I think my P22 has the 85/15's. I never was able to figure it out. It's a 2013 model. But the one thing I dont like about that guitar is it can be nasally....midrange...and the balance between the pickups is off in some way to me. It's not the height though. Someone gave me those 57/08's and I wanted to check them out before I got into opening up the P22. But I love them. Not too hot....notes are very distinct and they have great response to pick attack.

Thanks for the comments. i always appreciate them from other guitar players.

The 57/08s by far. I think my P22 has the 85/15's. I never was able to figure it out. It's a 2013 model. But the one thing I dont like about that guitar is it can be nasally....midrange...and the balance between the pickups is off in some way to me. It's not the height though. Someone gave me those 57/08's and I wanted to check them out before I got into opening up the P22. But I love them. Not too hot....notes are very distinct and they have great response to pick attack.

Thanks for the comments. i always appreciate them from other guitar players.
85/15s weren't released (AFAIK) until 2015 with the 30th Anniversary Custom 24s. A 2013 P22 would have had uncovered 57/08 pickups. Before that, they had 53/10s in them.

85/15s weren't released (AFAIK) until 2015 with the 30th Anniversary Custom 24s. A 2013 P22 would have had uncovered 57/08 pickups. Before that, they had 53/10s in them.

Would they sound that different in the P22 than in the Les Paul? My p22 is very nasal sounding.

I think it's because thy are very hard to find and they are very expensive;)....sounds great,I really like your playing! \m/

Would they sound that different in the P22 than in the Les Paul? My p22 is very nasal sounding.
I would say yes. You could take one set of pickups out of one P22 and put them in another P22 and I'd bet you could pick up some small differences. Two completely different models of guitar? You'll definitely hear a difference.

I had a 2013 P22 and it did have the 57/08's in it... So your P22 either already has them in it, or the 53/10's. I surely hope it's the 53/10's, or else that means that the guitar you're playing in the video just sounds that much better than your P22!

I had a 2013 P22 and it did have the 57/08's in it... So your P22 either already has them in it, or the 53/10's. I surely hope it's the 53/10's, or else that means that the guitar you're playing in the video just sounds that much better than your P22!

well thats a scary thought! I know there would some difference between models of guitar, but not this extreme. I'm going to have to have look at those P22 pickups.

here is a clip of the P22...and I had to eq it when I mixed it. It doesnt have the nasal midrange that it did before I eq'd but it sounds flat and just lacks something I feel in the other guitar. and that other guitar is an Epiphone i paid $400 for. If they are the same pickups I may have to look into the set up on the P22 more.

I think you should try other similar pickups in that great sounding epiphone to see if it's really the 57/08s that makes it sounding that good or if it is the guitar itself that has a great character.The epiphone definitely projects better

I think you should try other similar pickups in that great sounding epiphone to see if it's really the 57/08s that makes it sounding that good or if it is the guitar itself that has a great character.The epiphone definitely projects better

it sounded decent with the original pickups. But not as as much clarity and depth. I'd rather have my PRS giving me what I want. I love the feel of it...the weight....the contours....placement of the volume knob. and tremolo.

here are the 57/08s in the LP.... a little cleaner...less effects.

P22...a little ways into this I start switching pickups. i really have to open that up and see whats in there.

Unfortunately, when you open up your P22, I think you'll just find the pickups are labeled P22. I've seen that with both 53/10 and 57/08 pickups in a P22.

Back