Who has used the Mannmade SE/S2 upgrade kit? Results?

CyFan4036

I'm thinking of picking up for my SE CU22 Semi-hollow. Their site doesn't really list any specs. I know the trem block is brass, are the saddles as well? What were your results?

I bought mine used (for $50!) off a guy from TGP.

Brass block, brass polished nickel saddles, substantially better milled mounting screws, with a new bushing and trem arm.

Functionally and practically the same as the old Excel trem, improved feel and a different tone more inline with the Core guitars... I’d say there’s a noticeable, however small increase in midrange and sustain.

All in all I think it’s a great upgrade, but if I didn’t find this one for such a deal I’d be conflicted, because buying the full-on NOS trem from MannMade is only like, $50 or something, more.

QBKMtS7.jpg

5OYeCjp.jpg

Brass block, brass polished nickel saddles, substantially better milled mounting screws, with a new bushing and trem arm.

Functionally and practically the same as the old Excel trem, improved feel and a different tone more inline with the Core guitars... I’d say there’s a noticeable, however small increase in midrange and sustain.

All in all I think it’s a great upgrade, but if I didn’t find this one for such a deal I’d be conflicted, because buying the full-on NOS trem from MannMade is only like, $50 or something, more.
Good to know! Thanks @sergiodeblanc

I added the trem. update kit to a SE Santana STD, along with SE locking tuners and a USA nut. I feel like the nut and tuners made a much bigger improvement in tone and stability. The trem kit was the last upgrade and while very nicely made, I don't feel it made that much of a difference in the sound of the guitar.

So, is the Mann bridge a big improvement? The NOS is $250. Is it worth the money? I've been thinking if I should or not.

What is TGP?

So, is the Mann bridge a big improvement? The NOS is $250. Is it worth the money? I've been thinking if I should or not.

What is TGP?

I feel the MannMade stuff is the beat there is. If it’s a guitar you take seriously, and one that you want to explore how far you can get to perfection, then I absolutely think they’re worth the money.

However, if you’re already completely happy with the sound and performance of the guitar, or if it’s a steppingstone or transient instrument... maybe not.

TGP=The Gear Page forum.

Couldn’t wait to get the Mann on board, that you left the B string in the old bridge?;)

I couldn’t get it out!

That’s really my only big issue with the steel block SE/S2 trem, if they’d just use the next size up bit for the string holes so the string balls won’t get stuck.

I feel the MannMade stuff is the beat there is. If it’s a guitar you take seriously, and one that you want to explore how far you can get to perfection, then I absolutely think they’re worth the money.

However, if you’re already completely happy with the sound and performance of the guitar, or if it’s a steppingstone or transient instrument... maybe not.

TGP=The Gear Page forum.

^ This

I couldn’t get it out!

That’s really my only big issue with the steel block SE/S2 trem, if they’d just use the next size up bit for the string holes so the string balls won’t get stuck.

I have the same issue with a trem I have, I end up cutting the strings about six inches from the bridge and using the E string to push the ball ends of the high E and B out of the trem block.

I feel your pain bro.

TGP=The Gear Page forum.

100% worth it, IMO. If I had an SE, or S2, it would be an automatic upgrade to the NOS2000.

Thanks for the advice!

I like the way my S2 is for now. But, I will upgrade in the future so I can have a full USA S2!

Last edited:
My SE sounds pretty damn good right now but the brass bits definitely make a difference...if my experience with Strats translates.

I did the brass block changeout on my S2 Studio.... Added full MannMade trems on an SE Orianthi and my CE24...

They were all noticeable improvements in both tone and feel (S2 was mostly tone).

Highly recommend a MannMade tremolo upgrade!

Back