Which guitar straps are you using with your beloved PRS?

dgLp1Qk.jpg

I would be interested in where you found a dealer....Short of shipping from overseas would be good. In the meantime, it sounds like it might make some sense to lengthen the slit on an existing strap or two.....It is good to be snug, not so much fun to force it.
Looks good.....Guess I need to sort out which model is which.

I didn't find a dealer, I just ordered the straps direct from Germany, and shipping was very inexpensive - in fact, it may have been included, I don't remember. Guitar straps don't weigh much, and they roll into a small box, so not a worry.

I emailed the company about the strap buttonhole, and Lars Richter got back to me and told me just place the order and he'd take care of it. And he did.

The quality of the leather and the workmanship is outstanding in every way, much nicer than what I've seen here, with the possible exception of the PRS padded strap, but I'm not big on crackle leather, so this one's more my style. The adjustable side of the strap is a lot longer than what's available in the US as well, and there is a provision where you can cut the end to length because there's special stitching that doesn't unravel if you need to do that.

My strap model is Richter's Springbreak. I like a smooth leather back better than the microfiber which they also offer, so I can slide the guitar a little on my shoulder when I feel the urge.

The padding is cold foam (memory foam). The strap is quite comfortable.

Hey wait a sec, I'm older!

One of my best friends has always said that I keep alive traditions that died out before I was born.

Wait...you're saying stuff died out before you were born? There was a 'before you were born'?

There was a 'before you were born'?

Now we're getting into some seriously cosmological territory.

Let's put it this way: it is generally agreed among physicists that time-space did not exist before the Big Bang. So if as you say, time did not exist before I was born, that would mean the universe came into existence at the moment I became a conscious being.

I'll take the blame for a lot of things, but the Big Bang was not my fault. :(

I will, however, concede the possibility that the universe is a figment of my imagination.

Wait...you're saying stuff died out before you were born? There was a 'before you were born'?
It was called the Mesozoic period. :vroam:

Someone gave me a great tip and I picked up a Walker & Williams wide padded strap off of eBay. For the money, darned nice!

Last edited:
4b91bab1b1114.jpg

Good enough for Hetfield, good enough for me. :proud:
3" wide and adjustable to 69" long. Also notice the holes easily fit over PRS strap buttons.

Last edited:
I have a "Whipping Post" in black on my dark cherry burst S2 Singlecut- no pickguard and with birds. I took off the buttons and reinstalled- I like the PRS button and I feel safe without locks. I have a couple of Levy straps on other guitars and I use Dunlop locks for those. Schallers are pot metal and can fracture; Dunlops are stamped and will bend before fracture could occur.

I use Comfort Strapp for all my guitars. It has a foam pad cushion with built in elastic for just a little give. It's the most comfortable strap I've ever played, and if I recall, they're not too expensive.

I have one of the leather PRS Birds straps for my Custom 24 with the Bird Graphic on it! My others are held with Italia leather straps!

Gy_0wHHJJoGAukh6k8c4EniDPoequ7R88MSOqMH3ASA=w729-h971-no

Great minds...

My 513 is Violin Amber Burst with the same strap. My only complaint is that it's not a great strap for sitting and playing. While standing, it's perfect.

You´re absolutely right, my strap-bro.
I also have the same one(it seems se are the strap brotherhood now LOL) but it's been sitting in the closet for the past 3 years
The button hole for the upper horn is too narrow and won't fit properly.
Now i want a dark brown one to match the IRW neck.so i'll hunt in Germany first
Kinda like the simple look the Les chose

Brookwood Straps are top quality. I use Schaller locks.

That's a terrific looking strap! Reminds me a little of this one that's English, that I'd buy if only I wasn't 100% sure that I'd ding one of my guitars with the buckles because I'm a klutz.

Levy's plain black M-1 on most. Ernie Ball junkers in black on some others, and Dimarzio Clip on my strats.

That's a terrific looking strap! Reminds me a little of this one that's English, that I'd buy if only I wasn't 100% sure that I'd ding one of my guitars with the buckles because I'm a klutz.

Les:
I used to hear that same argument against Schaller strap locks, but I have them on most of my straps and have never had a single problem. The fact that you are concerned is reason it's doubtful you'd ding one.

And that is a cool strap..............go for it!

I get a new strap for every guitar & I like to color match too! I pretty much only use leather and I prefer 3" wide. I also like the buckles, concho's, dangly things....

Les:
I used to hear that same argument against Schaller strap locks, but I have them on most of my straps and have never had a single problem. The fact that you are concerned is reason it's doubtful you'd ding one.

And that is a cool strap..............go for it!

You're probably right!

Though I also like the straps on that Brookwood site...very, very nice stuff! Richter also has some straps I would try. Too many straps, too few matching shoes, purses and belts!

Just kidding, I generally like the straps to go with my guitars, like most everyone here. This of course is why I keep spare shoes, belt and purse in my studio; in case I have to change them to match the guitar strap. ;)

Last edited:
Back