Which guitar straps are you using with your beloved PRS?

Suppalak Klabdee

PRSi in Black Gold with binding for life
I normally use Dimarzio clip lock strap for all my electric guitars. But for the latest one, "Jade" Custom 24 30th Anniversary, I went a little over the edge with this one :rock:

18817425240_1aae663bd1_b.jpg

What about yours? Which guitar straps are you using with your beloved PRS?

Ooh that's purty. Some people will scoff, but I've mainly used the same two basic nylon Ernie Ball straps for years and years.

I did recently get a Lock-It strap, 3" nylon. The extra width works great for my heavier guitars. Happy shoulder.

Gy_0wHHJJoGAukh6k8c4EniDPoequ7R88MSOqMH3ASA=w729-h971-no

In my opinion the strap strap should fit the colour of the guitar.
Mine is Black Gold therefore a brown/tan PRS signature strap was my strap of choice.

I love the leather PRS bird straps, but lately I've been using these a lot. Made by Richter in Germany, very nice Nappa leather with cold foam padding. I have one brown, one black. In my opinion, the strap should match the color of one's purse and shoes, not the guitar. ;)

Richter was very nice about letting me place an order for a slightly longer 1" buttonhole that fits the PRS strap button very easily.

Last edited:
Souldier are my favourites... I also have a replica of the Hendrix/Gilmour strap that was made by the guy who actually does the "maintenance" on the real deal... it's pretty comfy!

Call me old fashioned, I still match the PRS leather strap to the guitar, not the purse and shoes as Les has suggested. I just can`t understand these new-fangled styles the kids of today go for. Now where's the wind up crank for my gramophone?

Call me old fashioned, I still match the PRS leather strap to the guitar, not the purse and shoes as Les has suggested. I just can`t understand these new-fangled styles the kids of today go for. Now where's the wind up crank for my gramophone?

Hey wait a sec, I'm older!

One of my best friends has always said that I keep alive traditions that died out before I was born.

I have a ton of straps from PRS, Planet Waves, Levi, but my two favorite are Wide Rides.
http://widerides.com/

I got away from the straps with the slits on one end you use to adjust them by as I run Schaller Strap Locks on all of them, and the ones with the slits you have to remove the locks if you want to adjust the straps.
I got turned onto the Wide Rides a year or so back as they adjust with heavy duty Velcro at each end, and the part that goes over your shoulder are wider and padded.
Never have I had a more comfortable strap.

I have the two designs on the right.
One for my Kingfisher bass, the other for all the other guitars.
I also leave my Line 6 wireless G50 attached to them full time.

graphics_lrg.jpg

You can see both straps thrown over the Blackstar ID60 head.

1.jpg

Gibson switchblade...I know, I know---it seems wrong! But, I will standby that it's the best strap out for someone with a bad back...memory foam AND elastic "shock absorbers" make keeping my guitar on for 1-2+ hrs doable....if Paul ever makes one comparable, I'd buy it in a second!...3 back surgeries and still jamming!

I normally use Dimarzio clip lock strap for all my electric guitars. But for the latest one, "Jade" Custom 24 30th Anniversary, I went a little over the edge with this one :rock:

18817425240_1aae663bd1_b.jpg

What about yours? Which guitar straps are you using with your beloved PRS?

That one is a beauty! What kind is it?

Thanks guys! Lots of interesting strap, some of which I have never known!

As for my green flowers strap, they are Thailand handmade call "Pailin Straps". You could look him up on facebook but not sure if he will offer the worldwide shipping (I guess he would). Very nice and comfy strap!

Hey wait a sec, I'm older!

One of my best friends has always said that I keep alive traditions that died out before I was born.

Les, Both my sons like to tell me I`m older than dirt. By the way, Suppalak, I think your strap looks fantastic with that guitar.

Thanks guys! Lots of interesting strap, some of which I have never known!

As for my green flowers strap, they are Thailand handmade call "Pailin Straps". You could look him up on facebook but not sure if he will offer the worldwide shipping (I guess he would). Very nice and comfy strap!
He has both an Etsy store and an eBay store.

Me I like the padded leather ones, I was disappointed that PRS discontinued their all black one. I like to put black ones on my coloured guitars, and coloured ones on my black guitars. Or just something wildly contrasting like a green or orange strap on a purple guitar. Because I'm a wild and crazy guy like that. A fashion trendsetter. Also, because I saw this article, and I like to bend rules.

Gy_0wHHJJoGAukh6k8c4EniDPoequ7R88MSOqMH3ASA=w729-h971-no

Great minds...

My 513 is Violin Amber Burst with the same strap. My only complaint is that it's not a great strap for sitting and playing. While standing, it's perfect.

I've got a bunch of the various PRS leather straps, but I'm finally thinking I need to branch out and add some color. Suppalak, I really dig that strap with the Jade. I think I'm off to find something that compliments my Jade SC HB II that well.

Last edited:
I love the leather PRS bird straps, but lately I've been using these a lot. Made by Richter in Germany, very nice Nappa leather with cold foam padding. I have one brown, one black. In my opinion, the strap should match the color of one's purse and shoes, not the guitar. ;)

Richter was very nice about letting me place an order for a slightly longer 1" buttonhole that fits the PRS strap button very easily.

I would be interested in where you found a dealer....Short of shipping from overseas would be good. In the meantime, it sounds like it might make some sense to lengthen the slit on an existing strap or two.....It is good to be snug, not so much fun to force it.
Looks good.....Guess I need to sort out which model is which.

El Dorado straps for me. Good enough for Mr Santana good enough for me. Actually very soft leather and under a Ben Franklin. Also double sided for those of us with multiple PRS's

Back