which beach?

We actually have some beautiful beaches down here in tha Dirty....

Gulf Shores and Orange Beach are absolutely gorgeous. White Sand and blue water... I'll add a couple pics in just a few...

For LLOYD............................Yes.. I hold a USCG (Coast Guard) \MastersLicense oceans and,near coastal. Plus an AB unlimited and a QMED. I dont own any boats, I usually work in the Gulf, taking supplies to Oil Rigs. However when oil prices go down I work on research vessels. That gig I did on the A&M boat we chased sperm whales ..They have a spring break too at Viosca Knoll where they eat squid and mate. I wouldnt fish or crab if someone paid me huge bucks.. That show deadliest catch, the reason they have so many vessels go down is because the owners wont put money into them, In fact I dont even own a personal boat.. I rent them.

yah..I dont ever think I will be a Landpeople anymore...The money is good, the scenery changes, and I can back up to a rig and play the Star Spangled Banner and they all take their hard hats off..Plus the dolphins come to the vessel and beg for hot dogs.

Last edited:
Many a raucous night spent at the FloraBama... That place took Hurricane Ivan to the dome and came out pretty ok... One night in particular this cat named Bob Ritchie was raising all manner of hell up in there... But man that Kid could Rock...

Hawaii for me is tops more specifically Oahu or Maui
2nd would have to be the beach at the Sandals Grande in St. Lucia
Then I guess I would have to go Bahammas

Hanauma Bay on Oahu is awesome!!!!!!! Actually any beach on Hawaii is great although I thought Waikiki was way too crowded

I once spent a week on Eluthera Island in the Bahamas. Some friends had a villa with an extra room, so all my wife and I had to pay for was plane tickets and food and booze. We have a semi-private beach on the Atlantic side, just a little one that only three villas had access to. I never saw anyone from the other two villas. That's my favorite beach ever.

Eluthera is pretty amazing. I have never felt more relaxed than after unwinding for a week there. There's one point at the north end where the island is only about 100 yards across, made of solid rock, and you've got the blue green calm Carribean on one side and the dark blue roaring Atlantic on the other side. I've never seen anything like it.

I'm not that big a beach fan. I have a few faves that I've visited, though. I don't like when they're crowded and it's a million degrees outside (which describes most beaches in FL where I grew up). I prefer any place that's off-the-path so I can really enjoy the nature.

Clearwater Beach - for a popular beach, it's my favorite in FL. Lots of room, clean, nice gulf breeze, gorgeous clear water.

My wife and I recently spent a day on Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman. Gorgeous views of the Caribbean (of course) and a lot of trees along the edge for shelter. Really enjoyed it.

My other favorite was when my wife and I were honeymooning on big island in Hawaii. I don't remember the name, but we went to a park in the NW of the island somewhere. We had to hike down through the forest to get to the black sand beach. There was a little lagoon inland that got fed at high tide. To me it was a perfect tropical paradise. Hardly touched by man and some good hiking through the wilderness.

Many a raucous night spent at the FloraBama... That place took Hurricane Ivan to the dome and came out pretty ok... One night in particular this cat named Bob Ritchie was raising all manner of hell up in there... But man that Kid could Rock...

I'll always remember Ivan. That bastard blew down my fence and destroyed my shed!

I actually got married in Clearwater Beach in the middle of Hurricane Frances, a couple weeks before Ivan.

we are boring.. just one beach for us... I should get more often .. LOL

8540756912_6020b337a2_o.jpg

8540757016_198ea2415d_c.jpg

8539654121_a6dba0453d_o.jpg

Him and Hank Jr. went on a fishing charter here in the panhandle once.. The Scuttlebutt is that they stayed in the cabin the whole time "gettin their head together" and the n were too paranoid to come out and fish.. Thats prolly not true, but boat captains like sea stories. I did see "The Snake" passed out there one night.

Him and Hank Jr. went on a fishing charter here in the panhandle once.. The Scuttlebutt is that they stayed in the cabin the whole time "gettin their head together" and the n were too paranoid to come out and fish.. Thats prolly not true, but boat captains like sea stories. I did see "The Snake" passed out there one night.

This sounds about right...

First is any Beach along the Outer Banks, the further south the better(read: quieter) ...next is Brighton...stones and all...went with close friend in UK who's gone now so that one is special....and near Stevensville...Matapeak (sp??)...pretty nice for l
Little ones...shallow for miles...

we are boring.. just one beach for us... I should get more often .. LOL

8540756912_6020b337a2_o.jpg

8540757016_198ea2415d_c.jpg

8539654121_a6dba0453d_o.jpg

+1 on the Turks and Caicos, Brent! My new favorite vacation destination, just got back a week ago from an awesome vacation there!!

The most beautiful turquoise water colors you could possibly imagine.

The first pic is actually the view from our balcony at the resort we stayed at, and the people swimming are my wife and three kids.

Note a drink in hand at all times is a requirement there, as shown in the last two pictures! ;)

Dales%2520TC%2520001.jpg

Dales%2520TC%2520068.jpg

photo-5.JPG

Dales%2520TC%2520155.jpg

Don't forget Jones Beach in NY. Over sixteen miles of pristine state park with as much depth of sand water to dunes as anywhere. Terrific boardwalk and a cool ampitheatre for concerts. Bay on the other side.

Our current beach is the Delaware shore, including Dewey Beach. Also very nice. For Florida there are some beaches in the Everglades state park that you can only access by boat. You'd think you were in another world.

+1 on the Turks and Caicos, Brent! My new favorite vacation destination, just got back a week ago from an awesome vacation there!!

The most beautiful turquoise water colors you could possibly imagine.

The first pic is actually the view from our balcony at the resort we stayed at, and the people swimming are my wife and three kids.

Note a drink in hand at all times is a requirement there, as shown in the last two pictures! ;)

Dales%2520TC%2520001.jpg

Dales%2520TC%2520068.jpg

photo-5.JPG

Dales%2520TC%2520155.jpg

OHHH . you are gonna make me plug in my external hard-drive aren't you Pete !!!! ?

Back