Where can I get a push/push pot instead of a push/pull?

Fran in London

Hi all I have a DGT that has the coils split on a push / pull pot and I find it quite uncomfortable to use specially if you are holding a pick.

I know some guitars have a spring loaded push push variant, do you happen to know what is the make and model and where can I get one?

Thanks in advance

I have a guitar wth push push pot and I really like it. It changes how you look at the coil split.

I found it is so much easier to use that I wind up using it for dynamics instead of just tone options.

I suspect that kind of pot will wear out much quicker though.
Thanks for the info, I'm in two mind about doing without the coil tap feature altogether, in fact I'm contemplating a different variant which goes back to the early days of PRS Custom 22/24 when they had a 5 position rotary switch, that would select either humbuckers in full at the extreme settings and then you have strat type in between sounds like the outer coils in pos 2 and inner coil pos 3, and both full humbuckers in 4 etc, that appeals to me then just a single coil, let's face it, when you play a drive channel you're always pushing for full power.

then it turns into a push-pull/push-pull.

Not exactly. When one of these breaks it will no longer stay down because it's spring-loaded to pop up.

It's REALLY IMPORTANT that, when you're changing knobs, or taking the knob off for any reason, that you ONLY do it with the pot in the "UP" position. If you pull the knob off with the pot in the "down" position you will break the little tab-thingy that allows it to stay down, and then it won't stay in the down position any more.

Not exactly. When one of these breaks it will no longer stay down because it's spring-loaded to pop up.

It's REALLY IMPORTANT that, when you're changing knobs, or taking the knob off for any reason, that you ONLY do it with the pot in the "UP" position. If you pull the knob off with the pot in the "down" position you will break the little tab-thingy that allows it to stay down, and then it won't stay in the down position any more.

why would you ever need a pull/pull to stay pushed?

Apologies for the thread resusitation but does anyone know what specific pot this link originall referred to ? I just get a google results listing page for many different pots and I have no way to know which of them fits, if any ? If someone knows what will fit directly then I'd be glad of a heads up.

Thanks,

Boo
It's an Alpha 500K push pull pot with a split shaft. They're everywhere.

Back