When is the SE Custom 22 coming out?

IRG

Seems like it was announced this summer, anyone know when it's hitting the stores, like Sweetwater, etc.? I don't need it, but something about it I really like. I guess not having a tremolo great appeals to me more and more.

straight1.png

There are two of the black ones on Reverb.com from different sellers. As of the last time I checked, Samash.com has a pic/SKU but no ETA, and Sweetwater didn't have a SKU.

And they're only in two colors? And the Vintage Sunburst has zebra pickups. Rats... and I didn't see any evidence of coil tapping in the video. Maybe they'll come in at a cheap price point.

Last edited:
And they're only in two colors? And the Vintage Sunburst has zebra pickups. Rats... and I didn't see any evidence of coil tapping in the video. Maybe they'll come in at a cheap price point.

I was a little disappointed by this too. Two fairly standard colors only, and I don't think the pickups are coil tapped. When people ask about the difference in quality between this and the S2 line, this is where the S2 moves ahead; more color choices, nicer hardware/switches, better pickups. Not as great as the Core models, but not far off either.

Really wish there was a trem version. Likely would have been my next guitar. As it is, it doesn't offer me something I don't already have.

It's also oddly priced here in the UK.

Still a really nice guitar though. The semi hollow could be interesting as it's something I don't have. However, I really need a guitar with a useable trem and a wide fat neck. I think I'd rather save for a (long) while and snag a used core C22 with trem.

Custom 22 Whale Blue & Vintage Sunburst. Custom 22 Semi Hollow Grey Black & Orange...
I have these guitar in stock now. The PRS Tone Furnace Pickups Are Amazing. Great Attack!!
No Coil Tap Option On Any Of These Guitars...

Back