What's more popular? David Grissom or a PRS DGT?

S

slang05

I was thinking about my DGT and David Grissom and realize that his guitar model is probably more popular than him! For me, he's one of my favorite guitarists. Love his solo albums, but I only got into him because I got a DGT back in January (and another one last week).

Does anyone enjoy David Grissom and not have a DGT?

Does anyone have a DGT and not have any of his music? Or were you like me, buy the guitar and then discovered the music?

waydowndeep.jpg

I remember back when he first mentioned that he was working with PRSh on a signature guitar. The funny thing is I 1st heard David when he was playing with storyville. I was in Austin and happened in when they were playing. It was all over after that, I tried to grab anything I could with his work. Been a fan ever since.
and yes I have a DGT =0)

Met him at Experience, bought his music, then bought the guitar. Oh, and bought his amp (before he really had 'his' amp)...and his cab.

Why yes, I'll take another glass of Koolaid, thanks!:proud:

1st time i seen dg was on austin city limits, probably around 90-91 with james mcmurtry. he was playing an esquire into a marshall/4x12. a year or so later, i got my 1st prs and seen him again on acl w joe ely. i was completely floored by his playing on both of these shows.

at the time, i had only been playing bars a couple of years, came straight out of the 80's guitar hero stuff, and was trying to get a handle on how to fit in on country stuff that i had never really played. i had purchased an albert lee instructional vid, and was amazed with it also. here comes dg kinda bridging the gap of country licks thru a marshall, and it really opened up possibilities for me. he has probably had more influence on my playing (especially on some local session stuff i have played over the past 20 years) than anyone in a long while. i don't really sound like him, but it was more the idea of his style than actually coping licks.

i have owned a couple of dgt's, and am hoping to grab another in the next month or so. i have owned a few mccarty trems as well

i have to admit, i didn't know who he was before the guitar came out and i still haven't heard any of his music.

I like some John Cougar Summercamp, and I'm waiting for Boogie to drop Mr.Clean a few times...

Back