What's better than a NGD?????

bodia

Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved
BGC01dJ.jpg

PtfdgXl.jpg

DUH!!!! NGD x 2!!!!!!!!!!

Well, not really 2 new guitars. One is my baby that I sold to CME in my huge purge a couple of weeks ago. 2008 Cu22 in Purple Hazel (refin from Royal Blue by the PTC), with a 57/08 neck and 59/09 bridge, a 3 way, and a couple of mini toggles. Neck was refinished in black satin, ala the SE Holcomb. Not sure what it is about this guitar. When it was Royal Blue I thought about selling/trading it several times, until I played it. I'm not a blue hater, but it was SO dark that it hid all of the mineral streaks in the top. Much better in Purple Hazel. It's got a Wide Thin neck that just feels smaller than others I have played. Kind of reminds me of the neck on my mid 80s BC Rich Eagle. A neck I really liked. And, the pick up combo just roars. I parted with some really nice guitars, and some collectible pieces, but this is the one that made me pout. I'm glad they let me buy it back for what they gave me for it. I am happy she's back home.

cNsXZ41.jpg

gaXes4b.jpg

Since I got rid of more than I originally planned on, I ended up over my targeted goal from a financial standpoint. I felt that I needed to have a flagship guitar. The search was on for a 90s, or early 2000s Cu24. I found 4 that I liked, and fit in the budget I had for myself. I bounced them off of Sergio for some advice on them, and the prices. Of course, he added valuable advice. Much appreciated. Thanks, bro!

A 1995 10 Top Cu24 in Vintage Yellow. A Knaggs build for a Guitar Player Giveaway contest. It's in really good shape. Some buckle rash on the back. A couple of small dents on the top, but no finish dings or chips, etc. At some point, it was re-fretted by Steve Morrill Guitar Repair in Boston. Excellent job on the frets, and they're in great shape. Very happy with this one.

TzgFzY3.jpg

RKi05QC.jpg

CEvP1E2.jpg

Uz3xiNl.jpg

bjCMHIZ.jpg

Nice score!!! I love some Vintage Yellow....classic look and actually looks REALLY great under stage lights.

The re-fin looks great, too. Was that a new re-finish or did you just have the neck re-done? I seem to remember you having a blue stoptail refinished into a purple color. Is that this same guitar, just with the satin neck treatment?

The sibling of my Custom 22!!! I'm so excited for you. I like what you did to it. I'm going to change the switching system as well on mine. I like the 3-way switching with push/pull tone pot better than the 5-way rotary. I've also ordered some lampshade knobs to replace the speed knobs while I'm at it.

Nice score!!! I love some Vintage Yellow....classic look and actually looks REALLY great under stage lights.

The re-fin looks great, too. Was that a new re-finish or did you just have the neck re-done? I seem to remember you having a blue stoptail refinished into a purple color. Is that this same guitar, just with the satin neck treatment?

Yep, same guitar. I actually had the neck done by the PTC when they did the refin.

MAAAAANNNNN!!!!! There is NOTHING better than the "Classic" Yellow PRS CU24. Sweet. Enjoy. And...I am glad you got your purple guitar back.

Back