What's better than a NGD?????

Woah! Congrats homie! I was eyeballing that purple beast when I was stalking a couple of others and I knew it had to be yours. Glad you got her back bro! The VY makes me all tingly...:D

That purple beauty belongs with you. Everyone needs an old CU24, and VY is good for extra points! Hella-snags, buddy...congrats!

I've got the VY Cu24 hanging next to my Honey SC Ted. I like the Honey better, too. VY is cool, but I like the little bit lighter Honey.

I don't blame you. There is just something about Honey guitars. Also anything PRS with McCarty explicitly or implicitly (DGT) in its name just have some extra rock dust in them.

I've got the VY Cu24 hanging next to my Honey SC Ted. I like the Honey better, too. VY is cool, but I like the little bit lighter Honey.
EDIT: Oh yeah, and congrats!

So I struggle with trying to figure out which "yellow" type color from PRS is actually what I would call the closest to pure, vibrant yellow. I really want a "yellow" PRS (with a nice flame or quilt top, not solid/opaque yellow) in my collection. The closest I have is the yellow bit of my Prism Al DiMeola.

In your opinion, is the VY "more yellow" or "less yellow" than the Honey?

In my head, when I read "honey", I think of the color of, well, honey, which is amber with a hint of brown to it.

But as we have sen with "obsidian", the name doesn't necessarily correlate to societal norms.

Santana Yellow is reportedly a bit darker/"a hint more orange" than VY.

Help me find that vibrant yellow I so need in my life!

Oblig GEICO xref:

"Yellow makes me sad." "You know what makes me sad?! You do!"

^ My opinion is that the VY is more yellow than Honey. The honey has a very light brown-ish character about them, sometimes more towards the edges. Personally I prefer Honey, but the VY seems closer to what you describe you're after. Just my $0.02.

So I struggle with trying to figure out which "yellow" type color from PRS is actually what I would call the closest to pure, vibrant yellow. I really want a "yellow" PRS (with a nice flame or quilt top, not solid/opaque yellow) in my collection. The closest I have is the yellow bit of my Prism Al DiMeola.

In my head, when I read "honey", I think of the color of, well, honey, which is amber with a hint of brown to it.

But as we have sen with "obsidian", the name doesn't necessarily correlate to societal norms.

Oblig GEICO xref:

^ My opinion is that the VY is more yellow than Honey. The honey has a very light brown-ish character about them, sometimes more towards the edges. Personally I prefer Honey, but the VY seems closer to what you describe you're after. Just my $0.02.

See for yourself. I'd take them out in the sun, but we haven't seen any sun in a few days. So, you get the florescent lights in the basement. Sitting next to each other on the couch, they look pretty close. Under the light a bit more, and the Honey is definitely more yellow. The VY has much more brown in it.

As for that yellow you're looking for. I'd reach out to Les and Flux. They each have a Cu24 that I believe is exactly what you are looking for. Les' I know is a 30th Anny, but I am not sure that Flux's is.

Sorry for the more blurry than usual pic. Dog bumped into me when I was snapping it.

5AkDjeM.jpg

RSdLe91.jpg

Oblig GEICO xref:

I snagged this from Flux's avatar. I think this is close to what you are looking for?

8WaJ1re.jpg

Nah man, you gotta hold out for the Honey. It's THE ONE you want.
See for yourself. I'd take them out in the sun, but we haven't seen any sun in a few days. So, you get the florescent lights in the basement. Sitting next to each other on the couch, they look pretty close. Under the light a bit more, and the Honey is definitely more yellow. The VY has much more brown in it.

As for that yellow you're looking for. I'd reach out to Les and Flux. They each have a Cu24 that I believe is exactly what you are looking for. Les' I know is a 30th Anny, but I am not sure that Flux's is.

Sorry for the more blurry than usual pic. Dog bumped into me when I was snapping it.

5AkDjeM.jpg

RSdLe91.jpg

Damn!!! They’re both so hot!

One day I'll get to have another NGD when they finally finish building my Special 22 Semi hollow... Dohhhh...

Back