What's a DGT like?

My 594 and DGT are my two favorite guitars. If you like the 594 i think you'll like the DGT. It's sort of like a 594 "light", plus a trem: the body and neck are a little thinner, the neck at the nut a little narrower, and the scale just slightly longer. It's different enough to warrant both for sure, but not night and day in my opinion.

IMG_2917_zpsasqnea8v.png

Agree with all of the above. Own or have played most of the models and I love my DGT. Congrats!

When I tested one, I thought it sounded like Duane Allman live at the Fillmore, but with a whammy bar and coil split. And I love that it is keeping moon inlays alive. Ultimately the control layout didn't work for me; the bar always seemed in the way of the controls, but that's just me.

I first tried the 594 as part of the same shootout and to me it was like Clapton on the Bluesbreakers album. A bit brighter and clearer than the DGT.

I also played a Paul's Guitar in said shootout, so I think the same would apply to the 408. It was definitely the most modern sounding. Totally different, but equally good, personality from the other two.

Long story short: Great choice on the DGT. All three guitars are distinct and I think will suit different moods and styles.

Back