What was your very first PRS...??

This was the most amazing gift in 2019, I had been a member here for two years and word got out that I hadn’t dipped my toe in the PRS lake of happiness. A couple of dudes in Illinois hatched a plan and the rest was history -

The money shot -

Such kindness doesn’t exist anywhere else online. This is a special place.

This was the most amazing gift in 2019, I had been a member here for two years and word got out that I hadn’t dipped my toe in the PRS lake of happiness. A couple of dudes in Illinois hatched a plan and the rest was history -

The money shot -

Such kindness doesn’t exist anywhere else online. This is a special place.
You posted a hella lot of good content. You needed it, so it had to happen!

Well, I bought a my first PRS in Dec 23. It’s a SE HB2 Piezo, but I’m still waiting for it to get in stock. I’m not sure I can hang out on this forum though…. I will either go broke or get divorced because of all of these beautiful guitars everyone posts makes me seriously contemplate buying one of each!

First and also best sounding to date. Not that the rest are slouches but this is in its own class tonally speaking.
vYTf2HK.jpeg

Unfortunately for me, both stop tails and trems just work! :p
Sucks being you ;-)

Let me clarify: I love my CU24, best trem equiped guitar I ever had and I always had guitars with tremolos since I ditched my LP in the early zeroes.

Enter 2021: my first McC with stoptail. The bridge itself, the neck angle, the way a 22 fret DC PRS "hangs" and the sound were a big eureka moment for me. Did not see that coming; ergonomically the best guitar I ever played. Now I have 2 McC (regular and P90) and a gorgeous CU22 stoptail. Love them all.

@Brad Lawson with the amazing neck on that guitar, it would be hard to tell which side is the "show" side. The top and the neck are amazing. A killer first PRS.

It has to do with Bogners profession or something like that. He explained it in a post one time. Not sure of your Dad's reasoning, but it it's not proper English. :)

!!! and ... are pretty common. Hell, I use them.. lol
Oh I know it's not proper English lol But I think my dad thinks it's proper and I think it has to do with his schooling in the 50's in South Texas (I may be wrong). In that way, being related to profession, it makes sense (Schooling per era dependant). I mean, in my experience some school teachers have their own way of teaching. One may tell you to write your name and date on the top right corner on the sheet of paper, another would tell you that's incorrect and tell you to write it on the lower left side of the high border on that sheet of paper. Both would argue their way is the right way and likely learned from their original elementary school. Imprints..

And yes, they are common, I agree but my dad never uses just a normal singular period or exclamation point or two. It's always 3 periods or 3 exclamation points is what I meant. Also my dad puts a space in between the periods/exclamation points and the sentence so an example would be:

"Son ,,, How Are You Doing Over There ???"

And

"We Just Saw Turkeys On The Way Out & Your Mother Says We Will Be Later Today ... Make Sure You Give Us A Call Around 7 Tonight !!!"

It's an interesting thing to see for sure. I feel like it's a rare thing to see. Hey, now that this comes up, I remember when I was younger every line my Dad typed on a computer had double spaces between each word which was also interesting.

20230618_193637-jpg.897977

Likewise @JasonE and @RickP I purchased aswell my first PRS in shape of a 513.
10 Top and Black Gold have been the desired specs. Got one new in 2011 at Wildwood Guitars, Louisville, CO. No regrets. In 2016 it got a sister, the SE Mark Holcomb, at the end of 2022 a window of opportunity opened for a second sister, a second 513, which I welcomed in JAN 23.

Back