What I used to do

Troubador222

Before I got into my Electroica, I was into Americana singer song writer thing. This was an internet collaboration based out of the Soundclick music hosting site, back in about 2006 or 7. I composed the song and recorded the rhythm acoustic in my man cave. I also did the lead vocals. The electric guitar, back ground vocals were done by a gentleman in Canada and the bass part was recorded by a gentleman in Scotland. The gentleman in Canada also programed the drums. Fun stuff!

Let It Come Today

Last edited:
Another one, that was recorded in the studio of our local NPR affiliate station. They were as huge supporter of us and others in the local music scene. We did some quid pro quo work for some soundtracks to local shows and in return, they gave us some free recording time. It's my composition and me on lead vocals and guitar and my greatest friend and collaborator, bandmate and spiritual and mental guide Randy Crawford on banjo. Everything was recorded in separate takes and we were really stoned, because we were so nervous. Cant do that these days cause I got a CDL.

Prozac Nation Blues

i read 'prozac nation' 30 years ago when it came out -- pretentious, dreary, not enough parties or graphic sex.
I had heard of the title but never read it. I was not even aware there was a movie when I wrote the song. The phrase fit the meter and went along with what I was trying to express in a vague way.

hey, didn't know there was a movie! no judgement vis your song.
I didn't think you were. I quit watching TV many years ago, and sometimes I miss some cultural things that everyone else knows about. This was one of those times. I think I had heard about the book at the time. It was referring to the way, at the time, doctors seemed to be handing out Prozac like candy for what ever problem people had.

I didn't think you were. I quit watching TV many years ago, and sometimes I miss some cultural things that everyone else knows about. This was one of those times. I think I had heard about the book at the time. It was referring to the way, at the time, doctors seemed to be handing out Prozac like candy for what ever problem people had.
i remember those days, my mom was even on it — for a divorce!

Hey, if you're into "Electroica", by your own free will - fine. I just find it truly degrading and offensive to women. Even the ones that appear to be having fun, and are getting paid bodaciously - are still being used and led into a future downward spiral of dreary despondency.

:p:D:rolleyes::p
I guess I should be into spell checkers!

Hey, if you're into "Electroica", by your own free will - fine. I just find it truly degrading and offensive to women. Even the ones that appear to be having fun, and are getting paid bodaciously - are still being used and led into a future downward spiral of dreary despondency.

:p:D:rolleyes::p

What about Animeroica, where it's just drawings? No actual women involved.

Not to be confused with Animetroica, where it's still no actual women, but robots. It's rare, but it's very popular with Hall Of Presidents fetishists.

Also not to be confused with Onomoteroica, which is exactly what it sounds like.

What about Animeroica, where it's just drawings? No actual women involved.

Not to be confused with Animetroica, where it's still no actual women, but robots. It's rare, but it's very popular with Hall Of Presidents fetishists.

Also not to be confused with Onomoteroica, which is exactly what it sounds like.
Is this like that there Hentai them Gen Z kids are into?

I like the idea of a community that comes together to put a song out like these. Is there something like that still up and running? I may be interested in doing some things like this.

I like the idea of a community that comes together to put a song out like these. Is there something like that still up and running? I may be interested in doing some things like this.
We were members of the on line music sharing site Soundclick, which had its own forum. We were all into rock/ folk based music and we would record our various parts at home. I was pretty new to home recording in those days and knew very little at all about production. I recorded the rhythm guitar part and vocal parts at home using a scratch track for tempo. The gentleman in Canada actually did the mixing of the track as he had some experience.

There is no reason you could not do it today, you just have to find someone willing and with the time to do it. That Soundclick forum was a busy place back in the mid 2000s and there were quite a few people like us doing collaborations. I’m willing to bet you could find people on that a forum who might me interested.

We were members of the on line music sharing site Soundclick, which had its own forum. We were all into rock/ folk based music and we would record our various parts at home. I was pretty new to home recording in those days and knew very little at all about production. I recorded the rhythm guitar part and vocal parts at home using a scratch track for tempo. The gentleman in Canada actually did the mixing of the track as he had some experience.

There is no reason you could not do it today, you just have to find someone willing and with the time to do it. That Soundclick forum was a busy place back in the mid 2000s and there were quite a few people like us doing collaborations. I’m willing to bet you could find people on that a forum who might me interested.
Finding the right people is the trick. I have a lot of experience mixing. I have everything I need to do good quality recording in my home. I can do guitar, bass and mandolin parts on my own. I could also do some vocals but need to buy some things to help isolate myself better in my room to eliminate the room from the track. Where I would really benefit is to find a really good drummer and keyboard player. Other vocalists would be good as well. I have not really found a place to try to help each other out like that.

Back