What Happened?

True (shakes head).

The biggest problem we face today as a society is that those with the biggest mouths, and who shout the loudest, give the impression that they represent some adamantine truth.

As Edith Wharton wrote in Tales Of Men And Ghosts: "You know, to men like your father convictions are irreducible elements—they can't be split up, and differently combined."

Idiots and charlatans, all of them.

Meanwhile, in the rarified atmosphere of Wyzardland, the biggest, the most pertinent and vital issue (it positively throbs, I tell you....) is that some of my guitars seem too easy with XL 9.5s on them, but too heavy with 10s :mad:
I Hear Ya...Repetition Has Become "Truth" Instead Of Truth Itself. Facts May Change But Truth Always Remains.

Wyzardland Doesn't Sound So Bad... :)

I do what I can to keep the place livened up, but I only have a limited amount of jokes, and once you've heard them 3-4 times they just aren't funny any more. (and yes, I'm fully aware that for some of you they weren't funny the first time, so they just get more and more annoying with each repeat. But it's free, so what do you expect?)
Don’t forget those of us advancing in years, and retreating in memory storage capacity. Every time we (ok I) hear on of your jokes, it’s the first time. 3 or 4 is plenty when every day is a new day!

Do you give lessons? My wife remembers things I did wrong before she even met me! :p
:p:p
Unfortunately this is a malady that befalls all women soon after marriage. I am unable to assist, only to commiserate. We love them, so we look past this malady. Besides, odds are high that they are correct in their assumptions, even if they are presumptive of a time before we met them.

Unfortunately this is a malady that befalls all women soon after marriage. I am unable to assist, only to commiserate. We love them, so we look past this malady. Besides, odds are high that they are correct in their assumptions, even if they are presumptive of a time before we met them.
I'll accept that.

It's not the answer I was looking for... but yeah, it sounds about right. :D

First off, I don't think there's really much of a problem with this forum. It's generally a pretty nice place with generally pretty nice people. But it's a specific-brand guitar forum, and it's peopled by those who want to come check out what's here. So it is what it is.

People who have lots of time to be on here are going to post more, so there's always going to be the 'core' posters, then the occasional posters, the only once in a while posters, and the lurkers. And all forums go through busy and not-so-busy periods.

The would certainly be more traffic if there was more participation from:
•PRS Company people, dropping the odd video, teasing hints of up and coming stuff, etc before they hit YouTube.
This would give more people an incentive to check in more often.

•PRS Artists.
This would be hugely informative, fun and interesting.

The problem is, these will only happen if these people actually wanted to participate. I have a hunch Shawn participated as much as he did because he actually liked doing it, not necessarily because he was ordered to, although I don't know.

One thing that made the old Gretsch Discussion Page (RIP) fun was, beside being a really nice group of people (like this place), was the regular participation of Joe Carducci, who was the Fender exec who oversaw product development and was the Fender liason for Gretsch, and had decades of experience with Fender and was a true Gretsch-o-phile. There were regular get-togethers around the country called "Roundups" that self-organized as long weekend retreats where typically 30-40 forum members would get together at some sort of camp and hang out, play guitars and have a blast. These were not Fender or Gretsch 'official' sponsored events, but still Joe C would almost always show up with company swag (and some actual instruments) to give away, and he got clearance to do so because it was a great PR and loyalty building thing to do.

Also, Billy Zoom of X was a regular participant in that forum and it was always interesting to get his take on things. So that forum ended up feeling like family (much like this place does) except there would be these "Roundups" which were sort of like family reunions and we got to know each other face to face, but they weren't 'company events', they were just friends getting together to play music. They happened because the forum members wanted to actually hang out with each other in physical reality rather than only in cyberspace. It was really fun.

Totally agree, but maybe they see forums as being dated/of another era, PR-wise?

Less likely to reach young players or the future of the market. Whereas they’re pretty involved on Instagram, etc.

My teenage kids don't even know what forums are, for example.

Did anyone else's posts in this thread have to get mod approval before being visible to others?

I had to wait a day before the above ^^^ got posted.

Mine usually do too, except for that particular one, which seemed odd.
uh oh. You know what that means...

giphy.gif

folks are out and about with family and friends a lot more in the summer, plus the kids being out of school. home projects take up time. sometimes you can only talk about a subject so many times and you need a break. i think not being able to discuss other brands of guitars sometimes hurts the site.

Some of us have been traveling for work. That gets in the way of a lot of things. I just got back in town last night. I will probably have to go out again in a few weeks.

People get bored with the same old same old. And they leave.

So here’s something controversial to stir the pot: Do you know what “SE” stands for?

Student Entry.

That’s according to Reverb.

Back