What do you think

13bats

new Tremonti Archon based line to
Rear its head at Musik messe next weekend or details released
Yay or nay

Beats me. I'll guess nay.

But either we, or the Germans, are spelling the word, "music," wrong, and someone needs to fix it.

And don't even get me started on the French with their "la musique" thing, that situation is hopeless. ;)

I did see a tweet from Mr. Tremonti recently saying he has been recording the new Alter Bridge album with his PRS signature prototype amp. Perhaps something soon?

I did see a tweet from Mr. Tremonti recently saying he has been recording the new Alter Bridge album with his PRS signature prototype amp. Perhaps something soon?

Yep your right he says he is using The Marchon all over new AB cd. And it's killer I think that's why the delays and not at Namm Tremonti
Was just too busy his new solo album is out in 2 weeks and AB this summer
Perhaps he will be a the Prs experience in June with the new amp

Possible it makes it's debut at or shortly before Experience. Kinda hope it's not a configuration I want...I don't need more amp GAS now. ;)

I'm so happy with the Archon that I can't imagine caring much about a new amp. What would you do with it anyway? Tweak the tone knobs to better suit Mr. Tremonti? Weld the CH2 volume at max?

Direct out would be great IF it sounded great.

I don't use spring reverb, so no to that.

Dual boost would be cool.

I have been debating with myself about a third channel. I think it would tax the amp too much and add weight I don't want. I switched from a 3-channel amp to a 2-channel Archon and am much happier with the right 2 channels. I could see a few ways to do a third channel, so it would be unlikely that I would get what I wanted.

2 Identical lead channels for crunch and lead (or crunch and MORE crunch), like JP2C.
HX/DA channel
Smoother, bluesier channel that cleans up better
Something Rock-ish, but less aggressive than Archon, like a Shiva Channel 2. (Not sure if PRS has a similar amp, I've only ever seen the Archon in real life, but I do have a Shiva). This plus boost and Direct out would probably get me to use the Archon as a back-up, except I'd want it to be the same size and weight, which is improbable.

Would it be too much to ask for a modular middle channel?

I'm so happy with the Archon that I can't imagine caring much about a new amp. What would you do with it anyway? Tweak the tone knobs to better suit Mr. Tremonti? Weld the CH2 volume at max?
I think I remember hearing this would be a lower cost offering(made in ???), which doesn't interest me a whole bunch....but...if it's offered in combo and is priced right, I could see having it sit in my office where I don't have an actual amp now.

At any rate, I don't believe it's meant to compete with the Archon(at least not in the Stevensville built amps). Could be wrong though.

Hmm well according to Tremonti
Website it would appear he is touring
In Europe for month of June
So it looks like Mark will not be at the experience

Back