What color is this?

I'm guessing Whale Blue Smokewrap Burst. It's the only one in that color family that would fade to black and then wrap to a full black back & neck. Looks a little too dark/smoky to be cobalt blue.

If you bought it new, you might find some long alphanumeric codes printed on a sticker somewhere or with the hang tags, sort of like a serial number. Can you share any of that?

Unfortunately, I don't have any of the tags. All I have is the serial number. I inquired with customer support but they didn't have any information about the color.

Unfortunately, I don't have any of the tags. All I have is the serial number. I inquired with customer support but they didn't have any information about the color.

If you really want to, most of the time you can remove the bridge pickup* and there'll be a code underneath there, printed on a sticker during the manufacturing process.

* Tip #1: obviously, wait until your next string change to do this
* Tip #2: simply unscrew the 4 pickup-ring screws at the corners and pick the whole assembly up; do not touch the 2 pickup-adjustment screws (sorry if this is obvious)

If you really want to, most of the time you can remove the bridge pickup* and there'll be a code underneath there, printed on a sticker during the manufacturing process.

* Tip #1: obviously, wait until your next string change to do this
* Tip #2: simply unscrew the 4 pickup-ring screws at the corners and pick the whole assembly up; do not touch the 2 pickup-adjustment screws (sorry if this is obvious)
I'll try that next time I change strings

Here you go...these were at quite a few dealers around the start of covid. It was on my list.

Whale Blue Smokewrap Burst
Good call!! It seems like, in this case anyway, the black necks are to be called "smokewrap", whereas the "smokeburst" have maple colored necks. Interesting the nomenclature used by PRS...makes it hard to keep it all sorted out. Great looking guitar either way.

Back