What´s this, Mr. Tremonti?!

Giving Mark and easy look about the public opinion concerning his PRS concept guitar

• Admirable

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Indifference

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Abomination

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
Controversity, indeed.

A few more pics to share from the same source:

fb_img_1443905406726-jpg.446175

fb_img_1443764919427-jpg.446176

screenshot_2015-10-04-01-58-51-1-png.446177

fb_img_1443921258955-jpg.446178

I believe Mark likes what PSD made for him. And that´s the core issue.

I think the guitar is ugly.

How about that reverse headstock though? That's a first, right?

Looks a little like the Gibby RD Custom from the late 70s. A cross between a Firebird and an Explorer. I always had a soft spot for Explorer body styles. As long as it sounds good, I could own one of these.

This reminds me of an explorer . I had one as a teenager. Now put a prs logo on it , Tremonti specs and geared for metal. I'm sold ,take my money now !

I dig the idea of a radical shaped PRS big time, bit it looks unfinished. Like V1 of something where V4 is really slamming. I applaud the effort to go really outisde the box for them shapewise, and pray this is the seed of something much better to come.

The design is consequent: Longer horn at the treble side, therefore reversed headstock. I would love this guitar with a carved top.
It would be a good and new core line model with optional \m/ Bass and Treble and FR vibrato system (or PRS vintage with uprouting). Even variations with DGT pickups and Bigsby vibrato with a nice classical burst for vintage orientated players would be a suitable proposal.
Please PRS keep my suggestions in mind.

How about that reverse headstock though? That's a first, right?

THAT part I love. The rest looks like a peavey.
Pretty cool that PRS is giving different body shapes a try. Keep trying, though. This one is cheesy.
Hmmm… how about, oh I don't know… ​V

Last edited:
Hmmm.. I love the firebird type guitars (and even explorers), but this looks so wrong to me! But if other people like it, that's cool.

Looks like it's a neck through body construction.

Edit: No, not really, when looking at the neck/body joint. But a bit when looking at the body itself.

From the look on Tremont's face, he's having a lot of fun playing it at a show.

And isn't that a big part of the whole point? After all, it's HIS custom guitar.

I'm sure he coudn't care less what a bunch of us cork-sniffers think, though as I said before, I like it.

Last edited:
I want to know what the smaller knobs are for.

This looks like the illegitimate offspring of an Ibanez and an Explorer. All it needs is a monkey grip. :vroam:

All things considered, to have Paulh make you such a rebellious PRS custom is what I think is truly bada$$. What an honor. There's no doubt a guitar like that would be a novelty item for a relative few, but as far as PRS guitars go, it's metal as f^ck!

Back