What´s this, Mr. Tremonti?!

Giving Mark and easy look about the public opinion concerning his PRS concept guitar

• Admirable

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Indifference

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Abomination

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
In my opinion these small knobs are for a piezo bridge.
Maybe one as a rotary instead of a toggle (magnetics, Mixed, piezo), the other is responsible for piezo volume. But maybe I'm totally wrong.

It really looks like a Gibson RD With reversed PRS horns....

12096449_10153585310444774_8015693533881185111_n.jpg

That being said, I like it, I with the horns were more like the RD/Firebird instead of what they are. I wish PRS would adventure more into the strange shaped guitars.

Swing and a miss as far as I am concerned.

But it looks like Mark enjoys it. I'd probably enjoy it too if I was paying what Mark does for such guitars ;).

There is absolutely no way I could ever like anything like this piece of ****. It totally sucks. Don't pander to this Tremonti ridiculousness.!

And I don't give a D@mn what it sounds like.

Looks heavy. Won't fit in a PRS case. Huge case required. Strap button placement puts the fretboard farther away because of how the guitar hangs.
Comfort playing and carrying the guitar are among those important things I like about my Custom 24's.

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'd gig it. That is a bada$$ed stage guitar. If it were silver glitter metallic, with a trem, even better. :rock:

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'd gig it. That is a bada$$ed stage guitar. If it were silver glitter metallic, with a trem, even better. :rock:

That's what I think, too -- it'd be a lot of fun to hit the stage with.

"Do you hit stages anymore, Les?"

"Well, no...but I'm hoping one day my son will play a show in Detroit and suddenly announce, 'My dad is going to play this tune with us' and I get to do a song on stage with him."

"He's going to be playing a show in Detroit in a couple of months. And what are the chances of that happening, Les?"

"Uh...um...close to zero. You notice I used the word, hope."

"So you'd just be rocking the guitar in your own studio with no one around, just like always. Isn't that true?"

(sobs) "Yes, yes dammit, I admit it! I would probably never get to hit a stage with that guitar!" (collapses, heaving with sobs as police remove him from witness stand)

Yeesh! That guitar is hideous. Sorry. JMO

I think most PRS people will think that guitar is a monstrosity! It is to me also.

A Gibson explorer looks WAY better and cooler than that "thing"!

That is so fugly !!!

I think the guitar is ugly.

How about that reverse headstock though? That's a first, right?

I wanted to think logically about it like you but................that thing is so fugly I cringe just looking at those pics.

wow is that ugly….

There is absolutely no way I could ever like anything like this piece of ****. It totally sucks. Don't pander to this Tremonti ridiculousness.!

And I don't give a D@mn what it sounds like.

Well, the amount of negative reaction is quite interesting. Usually when I see a guitar I don't like the look of, I just keep scrolling. Considering the vast universe of weird body styles out there, calling the PRS take on an Explorer-style body a "piece of ****", or "ugly"/"fugly"/"a monstrosity"/"hideous" seems very extreme. I mean, it's not like PRS is saying "all PRSi shall look like this from now on - the classic Custom shape is verboten!"

Anyway, I dunno if I'd buy one - I'd want to play one first to get a feel for weight, balance, etc. But I'm not going to dismiss it purely due to shape!

btw, is anyone else having to manually edit the URL to the thread (removing the apostrophe) in order to successfully click through? I've run into this several times on the forum - it appears my usual browser (IE 11) doesn't like it, but Chrome is OK with it...

Last edited:
It looks like something out of japan in the early 80's. Could it possibly be something Mark designed himself?

It would be a good and new core line model with optional \m/ Bass and Treble and FR vibrato system (or PRS vintage with uprouting). Even variations with DGT pickups and Bigsby vibrato with a nice classical burst for vintage orientated players would be a suitable proposal.
Please PRS keep my suggestions in mind.

I'd prefer the PRS trem w/the uprout. I do like the idea of the \m/ pickups. Should this come to pass, I hope PRS hears you.

I want to know what the smaller knobs are for.

This looks like the illegitimate offspring of an Ibanez and an Explorer. All it needs is a monkey grip. :vroam:

All things considered, to have Paulh make you such a rebellious PRS custom is what I think is truly bada$$. What an honor. There's no doubt a guitar like that would be a novelty item for a relative few, but as far as PRS guitars go, it's metal as f^ck!

I wonder if the smaller knobs are the tone knobs. I think I've only ever seen one knob for a piezo. No need for the monkey grip, but absolutely metal!

I was trying to figure out what color would work, but silver metallic, yes! Gold metallic, yes! Black, goldtop, white, all good. I'm not sure about non-opaque colors. Have to think about that a bit.

Back