What´s this, Mr. Tremonti?!

Giving Mark and easy look about the public opinion concerning his PRS concept guitar

• Admirable

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Indifference

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Abomination

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters
Stella the Abomination...I stand with my approval. :rock: It's innovative and daring.

@Admin! Where is the tool changing "and" to "an" in a poll headline? :dontknow:
What the heck!

Looking at it I really figured out what I don't like about it. The top horn. I can deal with the bottom one (hell, I like the Ibanez Iceman and even the Fireman), but that top horn just throws it off for me. If you'd just round that off a bit I'd be in love.
Don't you need that for just plain balance?

My bold emphasis:

So...what were the woods used in Neal Schon's personal version that were swapped out for Hog and Maple? Because I lust after guitars that use woods different from the traditional Hog/Maple (or Ash/Alder for strat-ish bodies). Problem is they are usually quite a bit more expensive, perhaps because they are so limited in production, so it is a self-fulfilling prophesy...

I'll have to search. It's been a couple years. I just remember watching how flummoxed Paul looked showing some of these woods, thinking "You know, he's right - I should worry about the tone of the wood, not the type", then I went back into the factory and looked for a rosewood neck.

I'm part of the problem.

There's a Rig Rundown of him talking about the Prototype and he says that one is Spruce top with curly maple back and sides and a mahogany tone block in it.

[video]https://youtu.be/ZQLIknKdBig[/video]

Your YouTube quote goes wrong! Neal Schon has nothing to do with the concept guitar, hasn´t he?

See the quotes above - jimistephen's response about Neal Schon was regarding the use of non-traditional tonewoods in Neal's prototype guitar (that got changed to "traditional" hog and maple for the production versions).

So a parallel discussion of what can happen between prototype and production, to help illuminate the possibilities with Mark Tremonti's latest toy.

@shinksma: Thank you for the advice. I Interpreted jimistephen's post wrong to Mark Tremonti instead of the wood material discussion before.

Don't you need that for just plain balance?

Maybe. I think it's more of the fact that I've been GASing for a vintage Gibson RD and that'd be really a lot closer to an RD that way. But like I said, I like the Iceman, Fireman, Explorers/Destroyers, even the Moderne etc. So I'm not adverse to strange shapes, it's just that top horn. Really I'm not a huge fan of the bottom one but I can live with that one.

As announced via FB by Tremonti Project I take the clip for giving this thread and poll back to life.

Back