Well..I did a thing tonight...incoming!

Most likely, standard EADGBE with 9-42.
I just can't get my mind around it being able to intonate precisely, given all the variables which could affect it.
Good enough? Maybe...I don't know.

I would like to know my options if I require adjustment.
Everyone feels that way at first, then you get a guitar with one annnnd…. It goes away.

Especially with the string gauge and tuning you use.

What a trip, thats how it came from the factory? That must've raised some eyebrows at the factory 😉
Tbh that's exactly what I thought.
I'm sure there were some mutterings and grumblings building it like this and then throwing EMG pups in to boot.

The last PRS ( a Bernie) I had with EMG pups I did not like overmuch.
This one...well we will see.

That's actually a good point.
I wonder just what the original cost of this one was.
Probably something with a lot better margin than the usual PS guitar.

But if you do not like the EMGs (had them, did not like them) you can always pull them and put some booteek Higainers in there. Somethinh befitting a PS quality guitar.

Most likely, standard EADGBE with 9-42.
I just can't get my mind around it being able to intonate precisely, given all the variables which could affect it.
Good enough? Maybe...I don't know.

I would like to know my options if I require adjustment.
You’re going to get a surprise. I’ve tried every conceivable bridge on my various guitars, and the stoptail intonates as well as any of them. The brass studs do make a difference to my ears. I got into PRS because the other scale lengths on other guitars do sound out of tune to my ears. I also do like the 24.5 and the 25.4, though.

Okay, since no one is interested in answering my previous question...
How much travel do the 2 intonation set screws on a McCarty provide?

Back