Well..I did a thing tonight...incoming!

I saw this one for sale and was really surprised at some of the appointments I saw. Killer look, I bet it plays great! Congrats on the iNGD.

I have a strong interest in the McCarty stoptail models...
Unfortunately, the non-adjustable stoptail is a no-go for me.
Is that a PRS bridge compatible with a stop tail McCarty?
It appears John Mann has an adjustable retrofit...
Just wondering if PRS has an adjustable retrofit stoptail for McCartys.

Which would you choose? PRS oem, or MannMade?

Which would you choose? PRS oem, or MannMade?
6 of one, meet half dozen of the other. I'd probably go with PRS because it's a PRS guitar and I like that kind of matchy-matchy, but lots of John Mann fans here would go with his bridges.

I should mention that I like the stock bridges and would stick with that, so I might not be qualified to advise.

Why the dislike? They work very well with normal string gauges. With a wound G you are in trouble, but anything from 09 to 011 works fine. I personally am a big fan. Simple, stable, accurate and comfortable. Not to mention: great sound

Ex
Why the dislike? They work very well with normal string gauges. With a wound G you are in trouble, but anything from 09 to 011 works fine. I personally am a big fan. Simple, stable, accurate and comfortable. Not to mention: great sound
I have a feeling, I'd be the one guy who would get s*it intonation from such a bridge...with my setup.

Last edited:
I'm the one guy who would get **** intonation from such a bridge...
What would you be tuning to and what gauge strings?
I’ve gotten away with the standard stoptail bridge using 10-52 strings tuned to Drop C. Anything lower with heavier strings or a wound third, I use the adjustable. I just had one of my Singlcuts re-setup to Drop D from B Standard and went back to the regular stoptail.

What would you be tuning to and what gauge strings?
I’ve gotten away with the standard stoptail bridge using 10-52 strings tuned to Drop C. Anything lower with heavier strings or a wound third, I use the adjustable. I just had one of my Singlcuts re-setup to Drop D from B Standard and went back to the regular stoptail.
Most likely, standard EADGBE with 9-42.
I just can't get my mind around it being able to intonate precisely, given all the variables which could affect it.
Good enough? Maybe...I don't know.

I would like to know my options if I require adjustment.

That's really unique. Congrats!

The original owner certainly knew, or thought he knew, what he wanted (probably a guy anyway) and must have liked
Gibson necks with the 24.75" with 12" radius and the pattern regular carve.

Interesting to see if the EMG's will be keepers.

Most likely, standard EADGBE with 9-42.
I just can't get my mind around it being able to intonate precisely, given all the variables which could affect it.
Good enough? Maybe...I don't know.

I would like to know my options if I require adjustment.
I can understand your trepidation without owning one. That said I have 4 guitars with that bridge. SE ONE, Mira, 2000 Singlecut, and 2001 McRosie.
They've all had 9 - 42 or 10 - 46 and have never had a single issue.
Hope you get to try one out.

Awesome guitar! Just awesome!

And the non-adjustable bridge is awesome, too! Very comfortable and performs wonderfully. It's one of those beautiful designs that makes you marvel at its simplicity and effectiveness. You end up wondering why it took so long for manufacturers to discover something so elegantly functional.

Back