Volume pedal options

gilbertpsk

Soo, I'm thinking of adding a volume pedal to the front of my chain. Are there multi-fx volume pedals out there? I'm envisioning the form factor of a cry baby that can switch between volume, wah, expression, etc.

I bought a kind of a cheap one for my main board a handful of years ago that ended up working really well for me and is still on the board. The one I bought is the Hotone Vow Press. It is a volume / wah pedal. I have it setup to be a volume pedal but when I step down on the toe of it that turns the wah on. Then when you turn the wah off it goes back to a volume pedal. I didn't expect it to work as well or last as long as it has. I think they are discontinued now but there are some on Reverb, new and used. One as cheap as $50.

EDIT:
They also have the Soul Press. That is a current model and it does Volume/Wah/Expression.

Lehle Mono.

Or if you don't care about a little tone suck and want to save some money, the Ernie Ball VP Jr.

I see Hotone has a Soul Press II. They combined the Vow Press and the Soul Press. It looks like a decent pedal. They gave it more features.

Soo, I'm thinking of adding a volume pedal to the front of my chain. Are there multi-fx volume pedals out there? I'm envisioning the form factor of a cry baby that can switch between volume, wah, expression, etc.
Look into Morley pedals. You may find something just like that

Yep. I have the Little Alligator, which doesn't seem to be in production anymore, but they have a Power Wah Volume combo.
Yeah, they started making a whole range in smaller packages, too. I used to have Bad Horsey in white (limited edition). Awesome wahwah.

I just got a Hotone Soul Press II and it works well! It is an active volume pedal so no tone suck when I use it to back off on the input volume.

I like the Lehle a lot, but because I use a volume pedal only occasionally, I got an Xotic XVP 250K volume pedal. To my utter amazement, it doesn't suck tone!

The form factor is nice, it's actually a little smaller than the traditional Dunlop size, it's well made and doesn't use a string to work the pot - those always need servicing. It uses a rack and pinion instead, and the hinge has nylon bushings.

I would suggest trying one out, or course, don't take my word for it.

Back