Dumb Pedal Board Question…..

No, I think you labeled it correctly. And, I know you wanted one for a while, so while all of this "there is no wrong way" and "experiment to see what you like" stuff is fine, the fact is, if you want Soldano tones from your clean channel of your Archon, put the Soldano pedal after any other comps or ODs in your chain, so that the S voice is what hits the amps clean channel. Putting an OD after it changes the voicing to be more like the OD and less like the Soldano pedal! So while "there is no wrong way" is one way to look at it, there is a wrong way IF you're going for the voice that is the whole reason you bought this pedal in the first place. LOL
I agree with this. This is the whole reason to stack pedals. You can have a tone going with a pedal you really like then hit the front of it with a different pedal to add some volume and gain for a solo. It will retain the tone of the pedal you are boosting.

Ok, so maybe “amp in a box” wasn’t the best description. Thanks to all for your suggestions. After the Lads and before the H9s where what I was thinking. They A/B suggestion isn’t something that I had thought of, but I may try that.
I like two amp parallel rigs if the sounds are right. I’d love to hear how the SLO sounds kicked in while you’re hearing the driven TotG also! Lots of possibilities seems like.

I agree with this. This is the whole reason to stack pedals. You can have a tone going with a pedal you really like then hit the front of it with a different pedal to add some volume and gain for a solo. It will retain the tone of the pedal you are boosting.
Yes, I've tried it multiple times and ways with multiple pedals. The classic example is, an MIB pedal set for rhythm tone, a Screamer type pedal kicked on for solos. If you put Screamer>MIB, you get a boosted Marshall tone for solos. If you put MIB>Screamer, it completely changes the M tone you had into something different... well, boosted Screamer tone. One can sound like a Marshall amp that has a solo boost, the other sounds completely different once you kick the Screamer on, it no longer sounds like a Marshall.

No, I think you labeled it correctly. And, I know you wanted one for a while, so while all of this "there is no wrong way" and "experiment to see what you like" stuff is fine, the fact is, if you want Soldano tones from your clean channel of your Archon, put the Soldano pedal after any other comps or ODs in your chain, so that the S voice is what hits the amps clean channel. Putting an OD after it changes the voicing to be more like the OD and less like the Soldano pedal! So while "there is no wrong way" is one way to look at it, there is a wrong way IF you're going for the voice that is the whole reason you bought this pedal in the first place. LOL
Thanks, bro!

Yes, I've tried it multiple times and ways with multiple pedals. The classic example is, an MIB pedal set for rhythm tone, a Screamer type pedal kicked on for solos. If you put Screamer>MIB, you get a boosted Marshall tone for solos. If you put MIB>Screamer, it completely changes the M tone you had into something different... well, boosted Screamer tone. One can sound like a Marshall amp that has a solo boost, the other sounds completely different once you kick the Screamer on, it no longer sounds like a Marshall.
Fully agreed. The TS circuit is so sensitive and mid humpy, it needs to be run early in the chain. If you haven’t seen it, check out the pedal order video from That Pedal Show. Mods INTO overdrive pre-input is also a magical combo.

Back