Show Yer Pedalbored

Draconomics

Fearless Papa of The Brethren of the Crust
I dunno if we have a pedalboard thread, but we do now. Oh joyous day.

I just put together a new board for a new Latin jazz group I'm with. Just picked up a Bad Horsie. Been wanting a Morley wah for a while. I've gotten tired of Crybabies...for me, they are kinda finicky. The orange box is a Foxy Tone Fuzz. The little peppermint swirl in the bottom left is a Saturnworks Dying Battery Sim. If you like the sound of an OD with a drained battery, this will give you that without purposefully draining 9 volt batts. The big shiny one in the middle is a Dunlop UV-1 Univibe. Didn't realize they are getting hard to find these days.

The Signa Drive is a highly recommended OD. Its pretty inexpensive, all things considered, and is quite transparent. Great to use in OD staging. Chad from Cmatmods makes some great stuff. I have his delay and a Butah OD. I really want his Waterbox, but they are pretty hard to find.

upload image

Posted previously, but this is most of it.

FB6-EFBD8-BC56-4074-86-FB-86-E7159-C5-FC1.jpg

Here's mine. Some may say its a bit untidy but haters gonna hate

Now show how tidy it was, before you got bored.

Mine is all in boxes, because I’m building a new one with a switcher when I have time.

Here’s the old one -

Köln clone, tremolo and another OD pedal to be added to the new board.

Lots of soldering to do for new leads. :(

Now show how tidy it was, before you got bored.

Mine is all in boxes, because I’m building a new one with a switcher when I have time.

Here’s the old one -

Köln clone, tremolo and another OD pedal to be added to the new board.

Lots of soldering to do for new leads. :(

The one with the germanium circuit!

Just go with it.

Never seen the Key 9 before, that looks kinda cool. How do you like the Julia? It's been on my radar, just never pulled the trigger.

The Key9 is a blast. If you want to sound like a keyboard player, it takes some serious technique (which I don't have) but it makes some fantastic sounds. It's great for doubling a lead with some keys tones...or steel drums! I use the "Mallet" setting a lot creating loops too.

Very happy with the Julia, wide range of sounds. The base chorus sound is excellent, and when you start to dial into trem territory you can get good and subaquatic. My only complaint is the damn LEDs could blind you. Like, so bright I can't actually see the rest of my board. Hence the painters tape "dimmers" :D

This is the outdated version. About six months old

Even the newest version is outdated at this moment. I have decided to drop the DM-2 and the HoF and replace them with Boss RV-5 Reverb. I don't use the Nordland OD either, and just looking in to incorporating Synergy modular system into my rig. Some new switches are on the way too

Yeah, LED technology has gotten pretty aggressive. It went from not being able to see if your pedal was on in broad daylight to feeling like Xenon headlights.

To make matter worse, the Julia has an "always on" light, presumably to continually remind you that it is there and that if you'd kindly tap the switch, it would be happy to blind you with double the LED power!

Back