Vanity plates...

RedGuitars

Thread killer
I live in TX and they have a specialty plate I like for Texas Music:

plates_jpg

You can also personalize it with 5 characters. You can use a space, star, heart, and outline of the state of Texas.

I tried to get PLAY in there with the symbols at one end or the other. All taken.

I could have gotten STRUM.

Lots of PICKR combinations failed too.

So, I decided to get stealth. I went to the DMV and tried 57-08 with each of the symbols in the center.

All taken - I couldn't believe it!

So I am getting a random plate... I tried.

Just FYI, you can't have "HCC3" in Ohio either. :)

That's a cool plate! Wish IL had something like that. I had to settle for red Blackhawks plates and BYTOR. Every once in a while someone knows what it means.
Guess you need the “and the snowdog” bracket for the less fortunate people to get it!

What about "I<3PRS" or "I<3GTR"?

My favourite vanity plate I ever saw, I can't remember. It was a combination of M, V, N, W, and I don't remember what else, but with no common combinations of the above (I.E., VW was definitely not in there). So it basically looked like chicken scratchings. I think the point was so that you could not remember it.

My second favourite was "JBNH2O". Took me a couple seconds to figure that one out.

I used to have "DUSTYCH" as my vanity plate, but then I realized I can't be a bad driver and have a vanity plate, so I went back to mundane.

I now have an "Animal Friendly" specialty plate, with whatever they gave me random alphanumerics. Because I like kittehs and puppers and doggos.

Last edited:
I used to have "DUSTYCH" as my vanity plate, but then I realized I can't be a bad driver and have a vanity plate, so I went back to mundane.
My wife reminded me last week, that when I buzz by some jackwagon slowpoke and they see my plates, they will remember them. :cool:

Back