NGD - Pauls Guitar; Experience the TCI in Black Gold

I can’t decide which I like better - yours or the one Danish Pete just received from PRS.

If I had to pick, I think the one that Pete received - but ONLY because it was Pauls Guitar for a time and that would add something extra, some sentimentality had I been the one in receipt of it.

In terms of 'visual' look, I do prefer the Black Gold colour but I also prefer the back and false binding of Petes - the Mahogany looks incredible - not to say the back of this is anything less than stunning because this is a stunning looking guitar and I would be a very happy owner if this guitar was mine too. If I was in a shop and trying to decide which one to buy - based purely on the pictures provided here and the Anderton's video - not based on actually holding and playing both to A/B them, I think I would probably buy this guitar because I prefer the Black Gold burst but ask me again in an hour and I could probably of changed my mind as they are both incredibly stunning instruments and I would be equally pleased to own either...

FYI this black gold is Now on reverb for the secret club insiders.
With great sadness.

^ ok, so I sign up at Reverb to get into the double-secret hand-shake insider club to view this guitar. Call over the wife to take a look:

"Yes, I like that one." (inference being better than the last one I showed her last night)
"Er, does that mean I can write the Forum and tell folks its NGD?"
::flat look::
"So ... you're saying that I should post to tell folks where to send flowers if I do buy it?"

edit: I should have added, more seriously, a wish for good luck with your sale.

Last edited:
there's been so many guitars on this website/forum that I've deeply coveted, only to find out they were up for sale the next week.
I wish I had a heads up that Some of these rare beauties might be available.
that's all

Gorgeous guitar! And squeezing the "tangs" the same way fixed a 3 way toggle for me a couple years ago...still holding tight...enjoy!

Absolutely beautiful guitar. I tried out a couple in Japan but none had a top like this. Methinks my wallet may have been a few grand lighter, had there been:) All the best.

very small dealer, he may be had 8 core models and 10 SE, and one experience 2018 Council Bluffs Iowa. Lidget Music.
Did you physically go in the store and try it or buy it online? You probably said somewhere but I missed it.
I bought my first PRS, also a Paul's, from Lidgett. Also bought my last one there.;) (And probably my next!)
I went in there with no clue what I wanted other than I knew I wanted a PRS. Rod, the owner is the nicest guy and was unbelievably patient with me. He spent hours with me and just kept handing me guitars. He has a separate room for the nicer guitars: PRS, Collings and Vintage, etc. Whenever another customer came into the store he was almost apologetic and said, "You just keep playing and if you're ready to try another before I get back just wave. I'll be back". Possibly the only person more patient than Rod was my wife. When he handed me the Paul's in my profile photo it was all over.

I'm glad to see you bought from him and I hope that he can stay in business and survive. As we know, some of the individually owned guitar stores struggle.

Gorgeous guitar. I have a lot of trouble resisting Black Gold (currently have two).

I must admit, the Black Gold guitars look stunning. I think that it also accentuates the depth of the flame/quilt too. My one 'complaint' (if its really much of a complaint) is that its generally a Wrap finish meaning no natural binding and the back too is a solid black. I must admit that the colour may well clash with a natural binding and natural Mahogany back so I can understand the reason this colour tends to be used as a wrap and a solid black back too.

:( Sorry to hear that. I hope it’s not for a bad reason?
the standard common sense reasons, I have 10 Guitars Which Is Way too many. I have to thin the herd
Automobile maintenance and taxes were extremely extremely painful this year.
$8000 to the IRS,
car at 90,000 mile required new tires new brakes leaking radiator on and on and on....... $1900 to get the car running.
So guitar sitting in the closet has to go is , Even though it's extremely extremely beautiful, gorgeous tone, gorgeous playability, I'm not playing it,it's worked its way out of the top 3.
It is hard to believe that I have 3 guitars that play better for me, And are just demanding my playing time. I ended up putting the PG in the case and it disappeared in 19 the closet.
The middle hum canceling single coil tone is sublime, however the telecaster is new (also Jan purchase) and was able to step in and dominate me.
1. DGT
2. Elite Telecaster
3 Les Paul HP 8.0lbs is why

It's a nice problem, to have 4 or 5 guitars simply that are phenomenal.

I need to save up for a new car

the standard common sense reasons, I have 10 Guitars Which Is Way too many. I have to thin the herd
Automobile maintenance and taxes were extremely extremely painful this year.
$8000 to the IRS,
car at 90,000 mile required new tires new brakes leaking radiator on and on and on....... $1900 to get the car running.
So guitar sitting in the closet has to go is , Even though it's extremely extremely beautiful, gorgeous tone, gorgeous playability, I'm not playing it,it's worked its way out of the top 3.
It is hard to believe that I have 3 guitars that play better for me, And are just demanding my playing time. I ended up putting the PG in the case and it disappeared in 19 the closet.
The middle hum canceling single coil tone is sublime, however the telecaster is new (also Jan purchase) and was able to step in and dominate me.
1. DGT
2. Elite Telecaster
3 Les Paul HP 8.0lbs is why

It's a nice problem, to have 4 or 5 guitars simply that are phenomenal.

I need to save up for a new car

I feel your pain!

Guitars are great and life gets in the way sometimes and adult decisions have to be made!

I must admit, the Black Gold guitars look stunning. I think that it also accentuates the depth of the flame/quilt too. My one 'complaint' (if its really much of a complaint) is that its generally a Wrap finish meaning no natural binding and the back too is a solid black. I must admit that the colour may well clash with a natural binding and natural Mahogany back so I can understand the reason this colour tends to be used as a wrap and a solid black back too.

I like the wrap finish (the back is actually very dark brown), but I have one with the natural binding and a translucent finish on the back also (a WL version).

Given the choice, I'd go with the wrap finish, because I'm that guy, but the 594 I have with the translucent stain also has a maple neck finished in Black Gold, so it probably was a good choice for that guitar. I'll post a pic of that one later.

Back