Upgrades for my SE

Old Dog New Cans

I purposely bought a lower priced SE, so I could work on it--adding upgrades. I like to tinker. For the last couple years I have been building a few drums here and there, and also refurbishing. I'll try and post pics, but it didn't work the last time for me.

As far as the guitar, I purchased some really nice Gotoh locking tuners with ivory knobs/chrome.

I also wanted to upgrade the pickups. The previous owner played this guitar A LOT. There's a little rust on the pickups, a good amount of funk. And I've previously mentioned the bridge. Which has 1/2 it's finish left. So he sweat all over it. That's fine. But, I'd like to upgrade. I couldn't decide on what kind of sound I was after. SDs Hot rodded, or a boutique set. Something vintage, something bluesy. Oye. I found the most pleasing sounding humbuckers after countless video watching and searching, were the 58/15s. At least within my price range. Found some used, that's what I went with.

I also purchased a wiring harness with a push/pull Tone for coil splitting from, https://gunstreetwiringshop.com/

They do fantastic work. Very meticulous. They do custom orders, the harness for the PRS is my second. I've not actually installed the first one I picked up, but it looks amazing. Sean at Gun Street appears to do most of the harness building. Didn't know if they had been mentioned here before. I wanted to give a shout out because they have really taken care of me. $80 or less for each of mine.

I apologize. I do not have pics of the guitar yet. I'm a horrible photographer. I hope my pics show below

A set of Slingerlands I restored and refurbished (wrapped).
https://imgur.com/iwnLc8b

A snare drum I built last year
https://imgur.com/93HEaRw

Yes, as soon as I bought this SE, I started looking at many, MANY others. :confused:

I decided to try a Wilkinson bridge on the cheap. If it doesn't tune properly, or it moves on me, etc., I'll just go back to the original. I just want some more fresh chrome, on the cheap. My wiring harness has been shipped! :)

I really love semi hollow bodies. I have a feeling I'll try and save a few extra bucks and go for the Santana SE semi h. BUT, the single p90 guitar! NEAT! Yes, the kool-aid. :D

Kewl! I appreciate knowing Gun Street does PRS 594 harnesses -- I looked for some last month out of curiosity and didn't see any available. Didn't go as far as actually contacting them tho.

I actually found Gun Street through ebay. Looking at wiring harnesses. I messaged him about a custom harness I had in mind for a different guitar. I ended up at his website and he basically said, we will do just about ANYTHING custom to order. And that's how I ended up buying for the PRS as well. If you have something in mind, just let them know. Very good quality. He'll even ask if you want US parts or slightly cheaper.

Oh yeah! You don’t need someone else’s DNA on YOUR guitar, so mod away. Which model is it, again? Lots of people here have done the same, so don’t hesitate to ask questions.

Welcome!

It's a 2010 SE Singlecut. White. Feels great in my hands.

I am waiting on pics until I actually start upgrading parts and doing some serious cleaning.

I certainly plan on asking plenty!

Thanks

Back