So, they finally got the SE SAS at a local shop, and... (NGD)

She's a beauty! And who knows what the supply of Swamp Ash is going to be like for guitars in the future, so this was a great get.

Out of curiosity, did you do the Gilmour chop arm yourself, or did you get it somewhere? I've been thinking of trying one out myself but I haven't shopped around yet.

Thats a nice one! In general I'm seeing some real poorly matched tops and huge deviations in the stain tinting on these SAS's, My local PRS dealer had three of the "charcoal" colored ones.. one was black, one was light grey and one was almost brown! I've also seen huge deviations in the "Vintage Burst" tinting While browsing the internet.. Enjoy!

Charles

I think this and the DGT are the best releases in a very good PRS SE year. My buddy, Rick, likes it so much he’s thinking of getting a second one! And the color deviations make each SAS more unique.

Last edited:
She's a beauty! And who knows what the supply of Swamp Ash is going to be like for guitars in the future, so this was a great get.

Out of curiosity, did you do the Gilmour chop arm yourself, or did you get it somewhere? I've been thinking of trying one out myself but I haven't shopped around yet.

The Gilmour arm is MannMade - picked it up from John Mann's Guitar Shop. I really prefer them for all my trem-equipped guitars; I grabbed this one out of my SE Santana SC while I wait for them to make up a few more, as they appear sold out of the metric version just now...

Beauty. Did you have that matching cool blue strap already waiting for it? ;)

I actually picked up that PRS strap with a bunch of other gear when my favourite guitar shop ran a closing down blowout sale last summer... I had it stuck in the cupboard just in case... and then they released these Iri Blue beauties! So naturally I had to buy one to match my strap! ;)

I just love the wood in this guitar. You can trace the grain line in the body parts around the edges to the top and back; just beautiful. And I have to say, after living with this guitar the past couple days, I'm honestly stunned at what a great guitar it is for the price point. Absolutely amazing that they can produce an instrument that plays and sounds and looks this good and sell it for so few $$$. I've picked up some great pieces this year at bargain prices, but this guitar has to be the value leader by a country mile.

Back