Upgraded PRS SE 245 VS PRS S2 Singlecut

EPICA

I have a pair of 57/08 pups that I wanna use. My question is, would it be better to upgrade electronics and tuners on the SE, or should I just get an S2 Singlecut and replace the pickups?

Both of then play amazing and I have zero issues with them, but is it worth to spend the extra money and get the S2? I’m buying used btw

I have two PRS guitars - a Bernie SE and an S2 Singlecut. My Bernie has the BK Abraxas set and the S2 has Rebel Yells. Both are excellent guitars but they're different animals. I couldn't say that the S2 is a better guitar - just different. If you already own the SE I would change the pickups and see how that works for you. I changed the tuners on my Bernie because one of them was rattling badly and it's been a huge improvement.

I did this...

se245pup.jpg

se245pup2.jpg

Kept the stock electronics, too.

I was just playing this moments ago and would stack it up against some really high $$$ competition. Maybe I got lucky and got a unicorn...

if you have the 245, here’s no loss in loading it up with the 57/08s. If it doesn’t check all of the boxes, get an S2.

I see zero reason to replace tuners on a non-trem equipped SE.

57/08’s in a SE 245 would kill!

Mmmmm

I did this...

se245pup.jpg

se245pup2.jpg

I was just playing this moments ago and would stack it up against some really high $$$ competition. Maybe I got lucky and got a unicorn...

if you have the 245, here’s no loss in loading it up with the 57/08s. If it doesn’t check all of the boxes, get an S2.

That’s sooooo hot! Who needs a Santana Club?!;)

OK sorry Sergio, I didn’t really say that!:oops:

I did this...

se245pup.jpg

se245pup2.jpg

I love the flame on that guitar I think I will do the same to mine

Hey guys so I thought about your advice and I will stick with the SE, I have one SE with some nice flame maple top on it and I love modding my guitars so it will be my next project to make it look like a SC 245 core, I already got a good deal on the SE locking tuners, I will look around for some pickup rings and some lampshade knobs
This is the guitar btwhttps://imgur.com/gallery/At6aaOb

Hey guys so I thought about your advice and I will stick with the SE, I have one SE with some nice flame maple top on it and I love modding my guitars so it will be my next project to make it look like a SC 245 core, I already got a good deal on the SE locking tuners, I will look around for some pickup rings and some lampshade knobs
This is the guitar btwhttps://imgur.com/gallery/At6aaOb

Thats a gorgeous guitar.

Thats a gorgeous guitar.
The book matching on that top is exquisite! Wow.

I have the Mann modified Locking SE tuners and Schaller locks (other than the pickups), that’s it. Btw, I haven’t mentioned it yet, but it has become somewhat of a tradition of mine...the stock pickups are still great! Here’s a short video of a little tone report from a long time ago, pre mods:

Last edited:

I have the Mann modified Locking SE tuners and Schaller locks (other than the pickups), that’s it. Btw, I haven’t mentioned it yet, but it has become somewhat of a tradition of mine...the stock pickups are still great! Here’s a short video of a little tone report from a long time ago, pre mods:

Free Tibet Man!;)

I cannot believe that’s the stock pups, great tone and playing btw. I’m still trying to find the sweet spot in my amp for this pups. This video makes me miss my mkV

I did this...

se245pup.jpg

se245pup2.jpg

I forgot to ask about the pickup rings, I am loving the look on the black pickup rings and I think i might change mine too, did you buy any specific brand that is a direct replacement or did you just buy any pickup rings and sanded it down to the shape of the top? I remember trying to change pickup rings in a les paul but I found out they have to be sanded down into the shape of the top.

Honestly, you don’t have to sand anything for them to work perfectly. And if there’s a slight edge off the body, no one will ever notice. PRSi are flat on top, unlike a LP.

Thanks for the compliments! Playing and manipulating the camera is not my thing, hence the comment a forum buddy left me...it appears in my signature below.

Back