Truss Rod Covers - 20th Anniv. McCarty etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikolas Simon

Ive seen some PRS truss rod covers where you can read the model type and others where the engraving is tough to read unless you look very close. I assume this is common from various era's. In particular, Id like the 20th to stand out on my truss rod cover. Has anyone done this without a mess?

The truss rod cover with the 20th painted came with the 20th Anni package. The one without the paint was the truss rod cover for the guitars of the same year but did not have the package.

You will have to test to see if the paint would eat the plastic, but this is an idea.

What about those crayons (wax maybe) that are used to re invigorate the engraving on golf clubs? Just scribble it on and wipe off the excess. That's assuming that the writing on the truss cover is recessed or engraved. Those shouldn't react with the cover...I wouldn't think. But please don't take my word for it.

The truss rod cover with the 20th painted came with the 20th Anni package. The one without the paint was the truss rod cover for the guitars of the same year but did not have the package.

You will have to test to see if the paint would eat the plastic, but this is an idea.
Thanks! Ive seen something similar with nail polish on hand guns. Pretty non-intrusive. Can always wipe off if it doesnt come out right. I just like the look of the engraving on the truss rod cover and helps identify them from the others a little easier. I have several McCarty's.

Testors pain is made for plastic, so I'd think you'd be fine.

I've color-filled multiple guns using the technique in the video. It's simple and works great!

381521210.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back