Ordering new Truss Rod covers?

Beargrylls21

Hi everyone,

Just curious to see if anyone has done this before. I just picked up a really nice 2011 Hollowbody 2 and am loving it so far. However, I’m not as big of a fan of the old truss rod cover design with the letters “HB-2” in bold white. I was wondering if anyone has ever ordered one of the new design truss rod covers from PRS that have the name of the model in basic italics. I don’t see the option on the PRS accessories website and was curious if anyone else has made this change or found a part like this.

Thanks in advance!

I have very few if any strong opinions on PRS guitars. You hit a soft spot there nothing says cheap worse than big bold letters with brands,model numbers etc. Its on other models around that era too. Keep that for the value line (SE's) not professional guitars that most people around the world know because of there shape (headstock,body). Best guitar made but that one baffles me.

Hi everyone,

Just curious to see if anyone has done this before. I just picked up a really nice 2011 Hollowbody 2 and am loving it so far. However, I’m not as big of a fan of the old truss rod cover design with the letters “HB-2” in bold white. I was wondering if anyone has ever ordered one of the new design truss rod covers from PRS that have the name of the model in basic italics. I don’t see the option on the PRS accessories website and was curious if anyone else has made this change or found a part like this.

Thanks in advance!

I agree on the white plastic ones. I'd email customer service, maybe they could help. Guessing they won't sell em separate. So the next option is to join the Signature Club and/or go to Experience and get the event TRC.

...go to Experience and get the event TRC.
I approve of this message!
trc2.jpg

I so want a Maryland Flag TRS Cover; it would look great on my Ruby CE24 (the one in my avatar). I know I am late to the party, anyone know where I can get one ?
Happy Holidays everyone !

Last edited:
I replaced the black plastic TRC on my Hollowbody Spruce with an ebony TRC I got from a seller on Etsy. Matches nicely with the ebony tuner buttons!

Thanks for all the responses, guys. Still looking to see if I can find one of the newer ones. For the time being, I decided it was easy and cheap simply to put the old TRC on backwards since the back is plain black. Any other suggestions welcome on where to look!

Back