Ordering new Truss Rod covers?

I have very few if any strong opinions on PRS guitars. You hit a soft spot there nothing says cheap worse than big bold letters with brands,model numbers etc. Its on other models around that era too. Keep that for the value line (SE's) not professional guitars that most people around the world know because of there shape (headstock,body). Best guitar made but that one baffles me.

What puzzles me is that the engraved white/black plastic TRC actually bothers people because they claim it’s cheap or not pro.

That’s not true at all, historically speaking. I mean, not liking them is one thing, but claiming only cheap or amateur guitars have those TRCs is incorrect.

The top line $15,000 - $20,000 fully professional Gibson L-5 type models have always come with these, as have expensive Les Pauls, 335s, etc. They still do. No sensible person would say those models aren’t pro instruments.

Top line Gretsch models have the two tone plastic TRCs without the model names, but it’s the same plastic stuff,

Handmade classic vintage D’Angelicos and D’Aquistos have mother-of-toilet seat plastic TRCs. These guitars go for 30 grand to collectors,

Rickenbackers still have the brand name in molded two color plastic on gigantic oblong TRCs. Ricks see tons of pro use and aren’t cheap guitars.

In fact, if you look at the US pro guitar history, it’s littered with plastic TRCs in one form or another on very expensive instruments. It is not the mark of a cheap or unprofessional instrument.

Oddly, most of the folks making noise about TRCs, those who have to have something with fancier materials, are not pros themselves!

Back