Ordering new Truss Rod covers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Beargrylls21, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Frank McCreary

Frank McCreary New Member

Maryland flag truss rod cover... need one... or three. Do I have to wait until 2020 Experience?

2. dogrocketp

dogrocketp I drank the PRS kool aid, and it was tasty!

Yes, and keep your fingers crossed the Aulson’s do it again. They are really fine people.

bodia and Bill SAS 513 like this.
  3. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

What puzzles me is that the engraved white/black plastic TRC actually bothers people because they claim it’s cheap or not pro.

That’s not true at all, historically speaking. I mean, not liking them is one thing, but claiming only cheap or amateur guitars have those TRCs is incorrect.

The top line $15,000 - $20,000 fully professional Gibson L-5 type models have always come with these, as have expensive Les Pauls, 335s, etc. They still do. No sensible person would say those models aren’t pro instruments.

Top line Gretsch models have the two tone plastic TRCs without the model names, but it’s the same plastic stuff,

Handmade classic vintage D’Angelicos and D’Aquistos have mother-of-toilet seat plastic TRCs. These guitars go for 30 grand to collectors,

Rickenbackers still have the brand name in molded two color plastic on gigantic oblong TRCs. Ricks see tons of pro use and aren’t cheap guitars.

In fact, if you look at the US pro guitar history, it’s littered with plastic TRCs in one form or another on very expensive instruments. It is not the mark of a cheap or unprofessional instrument.

Oddly, most of the folks making noise about TRCs, those who have to have something with fancier materials, are not pros themselves!

Alnus Rubra and bodia like this.