True or False?

Talk about an ego.. I am the universe. Everything's connected, at best we are a leaf on the tree. That leaf probably thinks it's important until it changes and falls off the tree. Tree is still there.. until we need a guitar! :)
There's a diff between saying the universe is being me and saying I am the universe.

The universe is being me is what the author is saying.

Talk about an ego.. I am the universe. Everything's connected, at best we are a leaf on the tree. That leaf probably thinks it's important until it changes and falls off the tree. Tree is still there.. until we need a guitar! :)
I have either finally reached the perfect collection of guitars for me, or, I am broken. I haven't bought a new guitar in a little over three years now. I haven't even seen one that had me seriously thinking that I should buy it.

Trying not to cross lines into a banned subject. I don't see the universe as a God. Scientific, yes, absolutely. A higher life form? Nope. I am not criticizing anyone else's beliefs. This is just my belief.
I didn't use the G word. I said whole enchilada. No capitals.

Oddly, the first forum at the top of the list everyday is: PRS in Church.

But you're right. It's fine with me if we end the discussion.

There's a diff between saying the universe is being me and saying I am the universe.

The universe is being me is what the author is saying.
You/I no real difference. If someone says you to me then it means I to me.

If you want to bong rip the line into something else go for it.. still egocentric statement and a conversation that I've said my piece and will humbly bow out and go play or talk guitars.

I have either finally reached the perfect collection of guitars for me, or, I am broken. I haven't bought a new guitar in a little over three years now. I haven't even seen one that had me seriously thinking that I should buy it.

I'm sorta in the same camp. There's a few I'd like, but definitely don't need by any stretch. There's one or two, that would round me out nicely that if the right deal comes along would be hard to resist. Though, thinking of a one in one out rule. And that's the difficult part.. what would I get rid of?

I could go for “a”, but not “the”.
It already appears that the great big hole is fractal in nature. Tiny little things make up the parts that we used to believe were the building blocks of atoms. A bunch of layers up, galaxies seem like a big deal, but there are gobs of them participating in a bigger construct.

We don’t really know what the smallest unit is, or the biggest.

Going back to the original question there are two things that come to mind.

First, is the well known quote from Carl Sagan. "The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff."

Second, is a little more philosophical. And oddly enough, it's something paraphrased from a line on an episode of the Sopranos. The universe is a big giant soup of molecules swimming around and bumping into each other. The only reason we see ourself as an individual is because that's how our mind has chosen to perceive it.

I would have written it as "You are an element of the Universe, expressing itself as a human in this moment". I think it would be hard to argue with it if phrased that way, regardless of the big G or not. Now if we want to go into what "Universe" means, then we have a new can of worms to wrangle (yes, worm wrangling can be daunting). If we define "Universe" as all that we perceive, then we are the Universe because we are doing the perception and without our perception, the Universe would not exist. So there is one way in which it could be interpreted as "You are the Universe . . .".

I know what I got out of this, a new phrase in my Universe - "worm wrangler"!

worm wrangler - one who tries to put into set parallel lines, thoughts and concepts that are slippery, curvaceous and stubborn.

I would expand your definition of the universe as all we perceive to include all of time and space we have the potential to perceive. I'm of the opinion there are plenty of things in existence that are currently outside the realm of human comprehension. It doesn't have to be supernatural in nature, it just means we as a species have not advanced to a point where we have the tools or capacity to observe and understand it.

I also wouldn't quantify external perception as a precursor to existence. A rock is still a rock if it stays buried in the mud without the need for self awareness or third party to observe it.

However, I do like that you included "as a human in this moment" for several reasons. Mostly because it implies the linear nature of human existence in time. Scientists have already observed Einstein's theories in action that at the very least confirm the elasticity of time and space as fabric. Distortions that have been observed which could suggest time is not strictly linear.

This is getting a little to deep. I'm going to go walk the dog then watch a Kevin Smith movie.

Back