Tremol-no for floyed rose SE

Markf86

Hey everyone

Beginning of this year I purchased a PRS SE floyed.
Although I really like this guitar, has great tone and enjoyable to play, one thing that’s getting on my nerves was the tuning instability. Every-time I use the arm it basically goes out of wack, even to the point where I’d do bends and that string will go out of tune. I got to the point where I taped up a few cousins and blocked the trem and it has helped a lot. However I’m looking at getting a tremol-no installed. Does anyone know what type would be suitable for a PRS floyed? I have heard the small clamp is the way to go but not 100% sure.
I have tried to attached the image of my trem to this post but couldn’t figure out how lol.

thank you

Your floyd goes out of tune if you use it? That shouldn't happen if it's setup right. Are you stretching your strings before locking the nut? Is the nut locked? Are the strings right in the saddies? The saddles installed right?

Take your guitar to a pro for a setup. You should be able to abuse the heck out of it and not worry.

I certainly will be taking the guitar into the shop once we open back up here.
Regardless down tuning is also an issue with the floyed, common problem from what I understand too, another reason why i'm interested in installing a tremol-no.

If you want to change tunings a floyd is not the guitar to use. A limited but quick and easy option is the dtuna. Otherwise pick your tuning and keep it there.

A floyd setup correctly and used properly is the most stable system out the box there is.

If you want to change tunings a floyd is not the guitar to use. A limited but quick and easy option is the dtuna. Otherwise pick your tuning and keep it there.

A floyd setup correctly and used properly is the most stable system out the box there is.
Absolutely this. I only have one Floyd equipped guitar (Jackson) and the tuning is rock solid. WAY better than any of the others, including my PRS guitars.

Back