Traditional PRS Body w/single coils?

Julian

It's a '59 with 4 knobs
Hey all, hope you’re well,

As great as the Silver Sky is, does anyone wish PRS would continue manufacturing the 305?

I know the 509 is available but personally I’d love a 305 with a 25” scale length (instead of 25.5”) and core maple tops.

Last edited:
Did someone say Singlecoils?!

uGCxTJN.jpg

Yes! Wouldn’t it be great if the Fiore had a standard PRS CE body? Or if there was a HSS and SSS CE?

Well there is the Studio from the 90’s ;) they are fantastic. I tried a Fiore and it was nice, but I don’t think it’s the modern version of what I want.

I wonder why they discontinued 305. I understand 509 can do same job sonically but it’s just not the vibe I’m looking for.

My dream PS is an HSS 25” scale Santana body

Last edited:
Last edited:
The 305 had a 25 1/2 in scale , nice guitar but like many strats the bridge pickup was a letdown for me
The DC 3 had a 25 1/4 in scale like the 513 , 509 , NF - 3
The Fiore has a very PRS feel IMHO where as the Silver Sky has a Vintage Fender feel only better made than most.
honestly a Pauls Guitar or a 408 might be just what you are looking for

The 305 had a 25 1/2 in scale , nice guitar but like many strats the bridge pickup was a letdown for me
The DC 3 had a 25 1/4 in scale like the 513 , 509 , NF - 3
The Fiore has a very PRS feel IMHO where as the Silver Sky has a Vintage Fender feel only better made than most.
honestly a Pauls Guitar or a 408 might be just what you are looking for
Good to know about bridge pu issues.

I only have double hum PRS so until I get some single coils I don’t really see use in getting another. Plus this is just hypotheticals.

Maybe an HSS 509? Which I guess would be a 407 if hum is tappable, Or 411 if there’s a switch that activates neck pu for positions 4 and 5 (that would be sick).

Last edited:
Yeah I’ve seen those listings around. The plain body (ie no figured maple top) isn’t for me.

Really thinking 509 in SSS or HSS config.

This is a private stock granted but this is the general idea (25” scale pls).

There is a sold listing on reverb that looks absolutely stunning.
Yes, looks like a PS is it for your specs. I have 2 513s from 2007, my main gigging guitars for many years. Just awesome sounding, flexible, and great playing instruments. The BRW necks and beautiful top woods don’t hurt, either! But I know how it is when you have a certain guitar in mind. Nothing else looks right.

Back