PRS 305

Julian

It's a '59 with 4 knobs
Hey y'all,

Does anybody else wish PRS would bring back SSS config to PRS core line? Like I know we got the silver sky and 509, but man the 305 was a really cool instrument and to have it with a violin carve maple top would be a good seller in core line don't y'all think?

I’d be curious to play a 305 with different pickups.
As I said in another thread two days ago, I loved the guitar, but was looking for a guitar that felt and played like a PRS but sounded like a strat. And, even a less bright (get rid of the ice pick) strat... but it went too far the other direction. I drove 3 hours to buy the 305 and left the store with a different guitar.

But... a 305 with Silver Sky pickups and a maple fingerboard... I'd take that in a heartbeat.

As I said in another thread two days ago, I loved the guitar, but was looking for a guitar that felt and played like a PRS but sounded like a strat. And, even a less bright (get rid of the ice pick) strat... but it went too far the other direction. I drove 3 hours to buy the 305 and left the store with a different guitar.

But... a 305 with Silver Sky pickups and a maple fingerboard... I'd take that in a heartbeat.
Totally! I like my 305; it truly is a strat with PRS build quality, feel and playability. That said, I agree with you on the pickups. The Silver Sky, on the other hand, was the opposit; loved the strat tones out of it, but hated the feel.

I have played with the idea of having my 305 routed in the bridge for a humbucker, or having it modified with other pickups, but I may just leave it stock. It got it for a steal a few years ago and it is still a pretty great guitar!

Yeah! I’ve mentioned it before but, I went over to @Rider1260 house to buy his 305 and left with his KL33.

I’m a hater of the 305/513/DC3 pickups, and I’m on my second DC3. Sorry, but I think they’re dark black turds that belong in a cat’s litter box.

OH wait, I just saw that it is now part of the Core lineup. I got mine as a Wood Library. And mine is a Swamp Ash with Ziricote fretboard.

I've been lusting after a DC3 or NF3, but not easy to get a hold of it seems. A 25" strat would be my dream guitar.

Totally! I like my 305; it truly is a strat with PRS build quality, feel and playability. That said, I agree with you on the pickups. The Silver Sky, on the other hand, was the opposit; loved the strat tones out of it, but hated the feel.

I have played with the idea of having my 305 routed in the bridge for a humbucker, or having it modified with other pickups, but I may just leave it stock. It got it for a steal a few years ago and it is still a pretty great guitar!
They are very different from each other. I let my 305 go to a friend who loves it. It was the most refined S-type guitar I’ve ever played, but almost too much so. My Silver Sky SE was exactly what was looking for. It sounds and feels so good it is difficult to put down.

Back