Tosin Abasi 8 string

That is at least 2 too many strings for me ;) agree it is really great to see him with a PRS, very talented player.

Those words are the same ones (including the laugh) I used when i picked up my first PRS.

The hardtail style bridge seems to be a common platform for their extended range guitars from now, I guess. Holcomb 7 anyone? :D

Very wise move by PRS.
If they can get people like Mark Hocolm and Tosin Abasi playing their instruments they're on to a winner sales wise.
The current crop of super heavy jazz technical players are very cool to watch and study. Musically they're not all there yet for me but it's only a matter of time before someone comes out and shows everyone how it's all done.

Wow. Eight-string, semi-hollow, fantastic finish. I believe the term used on this forum is "Ga...".

Woof! Makes me wish my fingers were long enough (and my brain big enough) to play 8...

Absolutely stunning! Can't wait too see him play it.

Can anyone confirm if this is the first 8 string PRS has ever done?

Wow, what's the saying? "Build it and they will come." Or something like that... I would need to grow two extra fingers. Would another thumb help any?

I hope he posts some video of that!
McCarty! Interesting...I want to know what woods they used."It's so light...damn, look at the neck! It's so light..."
Swamp ash back, maple neck/top, some kinda brown fretboard wood(I'll guess some type of ebony):D

I like these videos, I think it's so great that he's getting excited about prs. I'm sure Ibanez was heavy as hell, it looks heavy.
How can you resist a brand new gift that looks and sounds like this, made just for you... Awesome :rolleyes:

Back