Time For Something New

FWIW I wouldn’t burst the edge and cover up any of that amazing colour.
I tried to keep the edges dark and avoided sanding there to create a rubbed burst, it did come out pretty well, I’ve seen some horrible attempts at a rubbed burst edge. Still debating the black sprayed burst, it would picture frame the whole thing.

Last edited:
Better representation of the color indoors after three coats of sanding sealer. Will sand with 600 and will either put a black burst edge on or go right to lacquering, haven’t decided yet.
fPdzvPL.jpg
Such a great choice of color. And, man, I really love that top.

Such a great choice of color. And, man, I really love that top.
Thank you, it’s actually interesting that the original finish of the guitar didn’t accentuate the flame nearly as much as this color does. Here’s a comparison shot, you can see the left side is very drab originally. It was a nice surprise to see it come out.
ViZswUW.jpg

Last edited:
Inter

Thank you, it’s actually interesting that the original finish of the guitar didn’t accentuate the flame nearly as much as this color does. Here’s a comparison shot, you can see the left side is very drab originally. It was a nice surprise to see it come out.
ViZswUW.jpg

I definitely prefer the new finish!

Inter

ViZswUW.jpg
I can relate. I have a Cu22 that was Royal or Whale Blue. Hid all the vertical grain. Had the PTC refinish it in Purple Hazel and it brought out so much more of the character

Ha ha good on you, I have frustratingly had to re sand a few tops because I thought....”I wonder if I just”......

It looks awesome with the darker edge, cannot wait to see it with some lacquer on :)
As Paul Miles says one one of those YouTube videos, “you gotta know when to stop.” So true.

As Paul Miles says one one of those YouTube videos, “you gotta know when to stop.” So true.

My Dad’s an artist and he says the same thing!

In the immortal words of Kenny Rogers - “You gotta know when to hold ‘em, know when to fold ‘em. Know when to walk away, know when to run”. :p:D

A decent view of the top, lacquer should arrive Tuesday. Should be fun.
29YujxG.jpg

I love how the darker blue areas are not just around the body edge...but the pickup cavities, bridge and control areas as well. Very cool effect...can’t wait to see how this POPS with the clear coat. Great work!

Back