Tim Mahoney Private Stock build

JF311

I am about to start the process (with my PRS dealer) to build and order a private stock Tim Mahoney stop tail 24 model. This will be mostly based off of the New Blue that PRS made for him when his SE line came out. I have owned the SE version for years and love it.

The SE has a Wide Thin Neck, which is great. It seems the New Blue neck may have been different, such as the current Pattern Thin or even the Pattern Regular profile.
Does anyone have any personal feedback on comparing the SE Wide Thin neck to either of those? I will be trying them out for myself to confirm what I like most.

I think his old blue PRS and the SE models are standard 24s with all mahogany body and neck. I am am uncertain if the New Blue was a custom 24 with a maple top or the same mahogany standard 24. I would love any suggestions, experiences with similar builds and details regarding what PRS actually made for him versus his old blue.

Thanks everyone!

Your going to absolutely love it. I had one made a couple years ago right after the SE's came out and it was announced that the wonderful Private stock team would make a replica of his. Your right, it wasn't cheap, but I'll never regret it.
Mine is PS #3536 Manufacture date of 9-29-2011
So cool to see another Mahoney mega fan. Enjoy !!!!!

How I remembered this post from 10 years ago - the ONLY post he made - is beyond me.:p:D
Google PRS Private Stock Tim Mahoney. There’s actually been a few made in a small PS batch.

Last edited:
Tiki inlay isn’t available anymore, new PS rules. You can just buy this one, the guy had it made to Tim’s specs (aside from the Dragon 2 pickups)

I know the seller, not trying to promote the sale or get anything out of it.

His Blue guitars (old and new blue) are Standard 24 Stoptails. He does play some Custom 24 Stoptails as well.

Tiki inlay isn’t available anymore, new PS rules. You can just buy this one, the guy had it made to Tim’s specs (aside from the Dragon 2 pickups)

I had heard about the tiki inlay no longer being available and I am fine with a regular eagle instead. Never care too much for that inlay. Thanks, I am aware of this listing, guy wants 6k more than it cost to build. The pickups are listed 58/15, were they changed out to dragons? That may be the other one they tried to sale. All good anyways, I'd rather wait and save the money and not have someone else's name on it.

How I remembered this post from 10 years ago - the ONLY post he made - is beyond me.:p:D
Google PRS Private Stock Tim Mahoney. There’s actually been a few made in a small PS batch.
Thanks man. I was hoping to hear from members. I have been googling a bunch and it is limited.

I had heard about the tiki inlay no longer being available and I am fine with a regular eagle instead. Never care too much for that inlay. Thanks, I am aware of this listing, guy wants 6k more than it cost to build. The pickups are listed 58/15, were they changed out to dragons? That may be the other one they tried to sale. All good anyways, I'd rather wait and save the money and not have someone else's name on it.

I think I mistook this one for the other one he did. His other was D2’s

Thanks buddy! Keeping it but I put this pickups in as they were what Tim had when I submitted my build :)

Back