Thought I’d introduce myself and say hi.

Dreed922

Hi I’m new to this forum and happy to have finally joined. I purchased a PRS SE Custom 22 a few years back and have basically learned guitar with it. I didn’t know much about Electric Guitars and gear but wanted a new hobby since I stopped playing men’s hockey due to an injury. What a ride trying to learn guitar- but I feel I’ve made it out of the beginner stage and somehow still get a few hours a week in (sometimes a lot more) I just got lucky choosing this guitar and I have connected/bonded to it although I see people on you tube often say they PRS guitars are lifeless. Well I went to the guitar shop and played a bunch of Epiphone Les zpauls, Squire strats, expensive models as well and the neck on my PRS felt way more comfy and slick. Not sticky like some of the Epiphone. That put an end to my search for a second or replacement I’ll tell you. I realize one can get used to necks but I’ll hold off! I’ve reaffirmed that I made a good choice. Thanks and look forward to being a part of this community.

Hi I’m new to this forum and happy to have finally joined. I purchased a PRS SE Custom 22 a few years back and have basically learned guitar with it. I didn’t know much about Electric Guitars and gear but wanted a new hobby since I stopped playing men’s hockey due to an injury. What a ride trying to learn guitar- but I feel I’ve made it out of the beginner stage and somehow still get a few hours a week in (sometimes a lot more) I just got lucky choosing this guitar and I have connected/bonded to it although I see people on you tube often say they PRS guitars are lifeless. Well I went to the guitar shop and played a bunch of Epiphone Les zpauls, Squire strats, expensive models as well and the neck on my PRS felt way more comfy and slick. Not sticky like some of the Epiphone. That put an end to my search for a second or replacement I’ll tell you. I realize one can get used to necks but I’ll hold off! I’ve reaffirmed that I made a good choice. Thanks and look forward to being a part of this community.
You made the right choice. I preach to people buying “first guitars” to not make the mistake of buying cheap. A cheap instrument hampers learning and too often discourages a beginner into quitting. A fine instrument (like a PRS) encourages playing and helps a learner to progress faster.

And whoever says they are lifeless is just jealous and hasn’t tried the right model for them.

Welcome!!!!! Also, (obligatory)...

pics.gif

Last edited:
Glad to see you here ... I was wondering when you were going to make it (PRS guitars also communicate with one another. Yours really likes you)

or is that the scotch talking?
Wait… is this a buddy of yours?

pics.gif

pics.gif
Thanks very much,

Will do with some photos of my guitar. I need to make a few posts before being allowed to upload anything I guess.
Thanks very much,

Will do with some photos of my guitar. I need to make a few posts before being allowed to upload anything I guess.

Back