Thinking of going lower output on my 96 CE24...

InTooDeep

Out Lobstering...
I currently have a JB and alnico ii pro in my CE. The JB is pretty hot and I have been thinking of getting something a bit tamer and maybe more articulate in there. I'm looking at the 59, seth lover, and I'm also interested in the 57/08 and 59/09. Currently the JB is just hot all the time, I would like something a bit more dynamic. JB sounds great with gain, but clean and edge stuff could be improved. I also would like something I can split and have a decent single coil sound.

Any input? Looking for something used I can swap in!

I have shared the guitar here a while back, but it's been a while. So I figured I'd include a pic! Or maybe not... Pic is giving me trouble.

tZxdgzx

https://imgur.com/gallery/tZxdgzx

Last edited:
I also have a JB in an ESP Eclipse and think it's too hot. Considering the SD Saturday Night Special (AL4).

I have an SD Full Shred in a MIJ Charvel. You'd think it's super high output from the name, but actually not. It's more versatile than the JB imho.

Well, I ended up finding a good price on a 59/09 from Brian's. It was too good a deal to pass on. Although I was pretty interested in trying the 57/08. I have read so many good things about them!

I'm interested to see what a bridge pickup with half the dc resistance sounds like! Also curious to see how it pairs with the alnico ii pro neck.

I have had the hfs, Tremonti and JB in this guitar and the JB had the fullest sound. And that what I was after at the time.

Back