Thinking about Goldtops

Tucson Thump

Mint Heavy Relic
After seeing the sweet goldtop that Diverdan bought it started me to thinking about how mighty fine a goldtop PRS looks. I found something online that I almost pulled the trigger on but then decided to look for a DGT instead as I prefer the neck profile and the pickups (and I wasn't paid by Mike Duncan to say that).

However, since others who like goldtops are checking this thread I thought I'd pass along a link to a mint CU24. I've messaged with the owner and he seems like a straight-up guy. I have no financial interest in this guitar nor do I know the seller but it seems like a sweet guitar looking for a goldtop aficionado.

https://reverb.com/item/4825847-paul-reed-smith-custom-24-30th-anniversary-mint-condition

Gold paint adds 9.6% more mojo to any guitar, guaranteed.

I used to have a goldtop Stripped 58, it had the fattest midrange of any PRS I've ever owned prior or since.

14677414_1610276665932970_8192184559844982784_n.jpg

A goldtop is good for your soul.

Has anyone toyed with the idea of Gold leafing one? Might be pretty slick.

Always loved Goldtops. Still have the three, but none of them PRSi.....Two Hamers, one Frank Hartung. Just recently let the GT Les Paul go, at the other three meet all my needs.

I've got a "studio" bonamassa and I'm thinking a PRS would make an excellent cousin

Back