The SE 245 love thread!!!

Brass studs installed, yeah! Tone is more focused with more pop to the notes, to my ears. Thanks PRS forum for turning us on to these!! As I said before, easiest mod ever! Just measure the post height before they are removed.

They are Brass, non magnetic and s scrape test inside one of the posts showed golden metal, not plated.

Scaled them, the Brass ones are one gram lighter than the stock ones, which is weird. The Stock studs are also non-magnetic, so...steel?? I think not.

These are killer looking with the brass on the bridge and the brass locking tuner posts.

BXWjAM8.jpg

6Tjh0by.jpg

Brass studs installed, yeah! Tone is more focused with more pop to the notes, to my ears. Thanks PRS forum for turning us on to these!! As I said before, easiest mod ever! Just measure the post height before they are removed.

They are Brass, non magnetic and s scrape test inside one of the posts showed golden metal, not plated.

Scaled them, the Brass ones are one gram lighter than the stock ones, which is weird. The Stock studs are also non-magnetic, so...steel?? I think not.

These are killer looking with the brass on the bridge and the brass locking tuner posts.

BXWjAM8.jpg

6Tjh0by.jpg

Brother, you need some lampshades on that baby!

They really focus the tone!;)

I noticed the stock studs were lighter too.

Brother, you need some lampshades on that baby!

They really focus the tone!;)

I noticed the stock studs were lighter too.
You mean I'll find the tone knob easier I assume, ha!

Lampshades...nothing says its a party like a lampshade! Still considering the knob change. I like these speed knobs on this guitar. They look right to me....

BXWjAM8.jpg

6Tjh0by.jpg

That is just a pretty guitar ...

Where is the thread on the brass bridge posts ? I'd like to see it.

See, I have this unsupported suspicion, that that bridge, with its gnarly brass saddles and with the brass posts added...

Will give a non-piezo SE Hollowbody a "better" electric guitar tone than its flashier Piezo sister ...;)

DUDE ! Thanks an ton !!!

I checked the on-line pictures of the SE Hollowbody bridge, and the posts are plated too ...

BUT ... the bridge and the stoptail on my S2 are made of brass .

I think you Bro's are definitely on to something ! ;)

They make sense on both a mechanical and cosmetic level.

https://flic.kr/p/2kNNB5D

This is a link to a pic of my first PRS guitar. A SE 245. Trying to post just the pic but having trouble.
I am absolutely stunned at the quality of this guitar at this price. I've had guitars 2 to 3 times as expensive as this that weren't as well made as this. It has absolutely the best frets and set up I've ever gotten on any new guitar.
It was a blem from MF but aside from a small scratch on the screw slots on the bridge posts the guitar is in immaculate condition.
I found out about these guitars looking for short scale guitars. Never considered PRS before. Mainly because the band's I mostly listen to didn't use them and I wasn't a fan of most of the band's I associated with them.
Well, I'm sold on these! This ma3be my 1st one but it won't be my last. But for now I'm just gonna really love playing this one.

Last edited:
https://flic.kr/p/2kNNB5D

This is a link to a pic of my first PRS guitar. A SE 245. Trying to post just the pic but having trouble.
I am absolutely stunned at the quality of this guitar at this price. I've had guitars 2 to 3 times as expensive as this that weren't as well made as this. It has absolutely the best frets and set up I've ever gotten on any new guitar.
It was a blem from MF but aside from a small scratch on the screw slots on the bridge posts the guitar is in immaculate condition.
I found out about these guitars looking for short scale guitars. Never considered PRS before. Mainly because the band's I mostly listen to didn't use them and I wasn't a fan of most of the band's I associated with them.
Well, I'm sold on these! This ma3be my 1st one but it won't be my last. But for now I'm just gonna really love playing this one.

Awesome Choice! Kudos to you for choosing the best guitar for you and not letting a genre stereotypes choose for you! It's always best to cut your own path!

Here is George Moiz's guitar:
51069123113_f6748fa9b5_k.jpg

Just noticed that in the pic the 2 halves of the veneer top look different. Maybe that's the blem? After I noticed it in the pic I pulled the guitar out to see because I hadn't noticed.
In person, to me, it looks fine. Don't get me wrong I can see it now but ya kinda gotta be holding your mouth just right to notice. To just look at it even up close it looks fine.
Kinda weirded me out because the pic sorta made it look like 2 different colors, lol. But it's not.
If that saved me 150 something bucks, I'll take it!

Back